fire ring options???????

bling

ok So im looking at going from oring head to fire ring. I keep popping head gaskets on my truck.(pushes oil out the front of the head) I know there are several options and styles of rings. Anyone care to throw there opinions out on whats good. My truck mainly sees track time but will go on the street occasionally.

Quick back ground. sprayed two small .52 jets recently and blew the hg on the first run. truck ran fine just was dumping oil from the head after the run.

had 212k miles on motor..decided to tear down and rebuild.
went .20 over and swapped arp425 to 625 studs. other than that went all back together. Truck ran strong after rebuild went to track for test hits. ran once fuel only no issues. sprayed 2 .52 jets again.......blew hg....oil dumping from head again.

needless to say I ran twice on spray and never saw what boost or drive pressure was. probly pretty high but im laying off the giggle gas for now. I know all the major companies do fire ring setups but my question really is which company does a fire ring setup similar to hypermax. They do a 3 piece ring setup for the ford guys that I have seen first hand take a beating on the track as well as the street in my buddies 7.3 (David Heafner DPC 2013) truck that makes more power than mine.

SO what do you guys got for me. truck in sig is what its for.

whats your oil pressure idling

don't recal actual number but its within operating range at all times. not excessively high at idle. What are you thinking? Ive blown it 3 times. EVery time its been the same way pushes oil right out of the front of the block where the head meets the block. First time was prior to oringed head and a few to many 1/4 mile passes. oringed head and ran for two years no issue until I sprayed it then popped again and the most recent failure right after spraying.

again small shot nothing crazy.

don't recal actual number but its within operating range at all times. not excessively high at idle. What are you thinking? Ive blown it 3 times. EVery time its been the same way pushes oil right out of the front of the block where the head meets the block. First time was prior to oringed head and a few to many 1/4 mile passes. oringed head and ran for two years no issue until I sprayed it then popped again and the most recent failure right after spraying.

again small shot nothing crazy.
seen oil pressure regulating valve sticking causing high oil pressure and killing the head gasket

fire rings aren't good for alotta heat cycles. could also be deck/head warped!
:blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1: not true I ran fire rings for 5 years on a daily driver/sled puller never one problem.

I bought a Haisley fire ring kit and had a local machine shop here in Salt lake do the head work. I never experienced any issues other than some oil seepage on the passenger side of the block towards the rear where the head and block meet. I ran standard arp studs. I wasnt pushing crazy power though (600hp) and saw a hair over 60 psi boost. I daily drove it as well.

I was also considering going to a common rail MLS gasket so i didn't need to do fire rings.

I have saw this problem block needs decked check it ... Orings - fire rings only help within the bore they don't help seal water and oil

My block was decked when the motor for rebuilt. Block and head are flat. Oil filters aren't being torn up. Oil pressure is at a safe level. My truck makes right at 700hp and sees 70psi with twins at wot

Back