Airdog 150 install questions

turbomike

I just got an Airdog 150 and have some questions about the installation. If I cut a hole in the bed of the truck to access the tank, will that weaken the bed ? Will the bed flex more? Can I loop the return fuel from the VP through a cooler and back into the pump input ? Would it reduce the air bubbles in the tank if I run the return line from the Airdog through a Vortech Air Separator and route the fuel into the fuel canister and run the air line into the fuel filler tube ?

tony597fitter said:
Just curious WHY would you cut a hole in the bed?

:what: I was thinking the same thing. I unless you needed to put in a draw straw there is no need to remove the tank or bed or cut a hole in the bed.

Yes, you need to use the 1/2" drawstraw they supply. But CUT a hole in the bed?
What is it 6 maybe 8 bolts to pull the whole bed.

I am going to take the fuel canister out to change the pickup tube. I read that if I take the tank out, the height might be different than when it is mounted. Then when I try to cut the length of the pickup tube I might get it too short and when the tank gets low on fuel and the truck turns, stops or accelerates the pump might suck air in. It seems like it would be difficult to lift the bed off, I'm hopping around with a broken bone in my foot. It just sounds like it would be easier to cut a hole over the tank. Then if there are problems I have an access hole already there.

Two decent sized guys can lift off a standard 8ft bed and move it back far enough to clear the top of the tank. Atleast me and my 50 year old dad did.

I don't have a welder, so I wouldn't have a good way to fix it back. Maybe cutting a hole is not such a good idea. I'll see if I can take the bed loose, then jack it up and drive the truck out from under it. Thanks for the replies.
Little Mike

Not trying to sound like an ass but make sure if you remove the bed to unhook your lights. Saw a guy do this once and tear the wiring out of his truck.

Yes cutting the bed is not a good idea .....
I dropped my tank and did mine, I have not had any issues yet its been 8k+ miles ........ I used 2 washers about as thick as a quarter to get my distance from the bottom of the tank.

Back