Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 09:14 AM   #1461
NakeDiesel

Name: NakeDiesel
Title: Smoke'n in the Mud
Member`s Gallery
Yes the greenhouse was a kit. Got it off of amazon, it's 6'wx7'hx8'l

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Yeah, I plan on securing it good once the panels are painted and they are ready to install. Just used some bolts from my bulk buckets for mock up.

Season starts in April, not sure if I'm going to have it all done by then though with the way it's looking.

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Air Dog, Muldoons Diesel Performance, Power Driven Diesel, Diesel Performance Converters

Old 03-22-2018, 10:54 PM   #1462
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Guess it's been almost a month since I last checked in. Mainly been working on smoothing out little imperfections on the bed sides. Got the stickers ordered for them, they might be ready next week, if they are, I can shoot color on the bedsides then.

Been trying to figure out how my hoods going to be. Got it kinda roughed in some. Need to cut off the old grill mounts on the frame. They are in the way of where I want the grill. Once I get the rough framework shaped and tacked together, will pull it off and fully weld it up. Coat the steel in por 15 and then skin it in aluminum. Need to order some quick release pins to hold it in place as well.

Got in my new stainless steel .120 injector lines and my new damper. Dropped the damper off to a friend tonight to have him machine two more notches into it for magnets to be epoxied in.

Still don't have an engine. Head and a bunch of other parts were dropped off to him a couple of weeks ago, but still waiting. It's really holding up a lot of things on the truck getting finished.

First race is in 3 weeks, doubt I'm ready for it.

I was voted in as the new commander for the legion post I'm a member of, so that's really going to eat into my time come this summer when I take over. Not sure I'm ready for that.

Found out today that the company I work for sold, so now it's a waiting game there to see what happens.

Green house is going and have quite a bit planted already in the garden except what's in the green house.

Also been trying to get the new flooring finished in the main hall of the legion, just have around the wall in a 1/4 of it left to go now.

Bought a cool birthday present for my grand daughter Turbo. It's a hot wheels roller coaster car ride. She loves it.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Air Dog, Muldoons Diesel Performance, Power Driven Diesel, Diesel Performance Converters

Old 04-02-2018, 10:33 AM   #1463
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Just a quick update. Still working on the truck as I have time and not frustrated with it. Worked on shooting color on the inside of the bed panels, fighting more pinholes I didn't see with the clear. Hoping to do a final wet sanding on them tonight and shoot clear coat on that side and be done with the inside. Then I can focus on the other sides of them.

Fighting crap weld issue with my welder, but have the hood frame mostly finished I think. Need to make mounts to the body and the frame to hold it in position and then I can take it fully off and see if I can get the mig to give me good welds.

Have the balancer back from my friend with the 2 additional notches cut into the outer edge and the magnets I ordered are in. Just need to get them installed.

Word is that I should have a built engine by mid week, but not going to hold my breath, it's holding up a lot of little things that need to be done.

Calves are being born, plants are trying to grow, was 80 something Saturday and 31 degrees this morning. Gotta love our bipolar weather.

Tuesday night, my wife got to use her Christmas present from me and got to meet K Flay and get an accoustical performance before the concert from her and then we were on the front row for the main concert. She was in heaven all night.

Saturday was my grand daughter's birthday party, we hired an Elsa impersonator to show up at it and she was in awe of her there. Think she had a great time, all she would say was Elsa...

First race is the 13th of this month, not looking like I will make it. Will probably be sometime in May before I make a race.

Body panels:

Front clip progress

Us and K Flay

Old 04-02-2018, 10:48 AM   #1464
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Awesome fab work on the hood frame man!

Old 04-02-2018, 01:56 PM   #1465
Broaner

Name: Broaner
Title: Been There n Broke That
Member`s Gallery
Dude! Lookin so cool.

Old 04-03-2018, 01:38 PM   #1466
kubotaorange76

Name: kubotaorange76
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
"winning"

Old 04-05-2018, 08:56 AM   #1467
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Got the outside of the panels cleaned up and did a light 800 grit wet sand and cleaned again before masking off and putting the stickers on last night. Went out in the shop a bit ago and shot a light coat on them, will let that dry and then hit it with several heavier coats in an hour or two as I get time today and hopefully get them wet sanded tonight and see how they look.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:24 PM   #1468
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Been fighting some runs on the angle part, finally have it decent and calling it good. Just need to get the panels cleaned up with a tiny bit of sanding needed on one panel where I had some color get into the carbon area, then will get both sides coated in several coats of clear.

On the hood frame, I have all the inside welds done, just need to finish grinding the welds flat and then I can finish up the outside and get it coated in paint.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:26 AM   #1469
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Managed to get a little bit of time this weekend and shot 3 coats of clear onto the outside of the bedsides. Letting them dry for 24 hours then will flip them tonight and shoot another 3 coats on the inside. Overall they look pretty good.

Welded up the outside joints on the hood frame yesterday as well. Just need to finish grinding the welds smooth and then give it a quick coat of por 15 inside and out then I can start skinning it in aluminum.

Really need to clean my shop floor up.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:27 AM   #1470
SmokeShow

Name: SmokeShow
Member`s Gallery
Looking really good. Love the updates.

IG: @_mitch_ratliff_

'14 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew, w/ 3.5L EcoBoost, bone stock

83 GMC K30 CC SB 4WD awaiting D/A chassis swap

Old 04-10-2018, 09:43 PM   #1471
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Shot clear on the insides of the sides last night and then had to take a sick leave day today while turbo had surgery this morning to have her tonsils, adnoids and new tubes put in her ears. Hopefully this will help her eating and gaining weight. Got home about 2 and been out in the shop almost that whole time. Put the stickers and fenders on the bedsides before I installed them.

Before putting them on, I ran the water lines down to under the bed and clamped them. Ran the transmission lines up to the coolers and tied them down. Ran the fuel return line as well.

The bed is done, bunch of minor defects and if I had a better area to paint and more time, could have gotten them much better but they will do for a mud truck.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:50 PM   #1472
thatguy69

Name: thatguy69
Member`s Gallery
Bed looks good, hopefully you'll be making some passes before long. As always looks like you got your plate about twice as full as it should be lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Old 04-15-2018, 09:35 PM   #1473
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Turbo's had a rough go at it since the surgery, keeps throwing up and hadn't want to drink or eat anything. She is hopefully turning the corner and was doing good yesterday when she was with me and the wifey running a legion booth at a town shindig.

I do have to say today has been the coldest I've ever mowed my yard... temp said 51 but the wind was blowing out of the north about 30 miles an hour it felt like and supposed to get down to 29 tonight. Did oil change on the bad boy, sharpened the blades and aired up the tires on it today as well.

Friday I picked up a bunch of lumber and some steel for a couple of projects. I'm building a pole and frame to house digital signs for the legion post, one of the guys that runs a cnc place is cutting out signs to go on top of it. Also making 2 8' x 3' x 1.5' tall flower beds for the front of the building. Also building a frame for 2 4x8 lattices to go on the south side of my wife's gazebo so she can plant some climbing stuff.

On the truck, made a little progress. The hood framework is fully welded inside and out with all the welds ground down flat.

I did have a brain fart when I was putting the fender bolt bars on, I welded them on the outside like an idiot and so they would have played hell with running a smooth sheet of aluminum down the side. Had to cut the welds off, and move them inside the framework. I then prepped and painted the inside and outside over the weekend.

Tonight I made a rough template out of poster board for the upper and lower pieces on one side and they will work for the other side as well. Now I just need to get the pieces cut out of the sheet of .050 5052 aluminum I bought.

I added a piece of pipe into my steering sector today, hope it's going to work. Wish I'd had my motor to make sure it clears everything. Guess I'll eventually find out if it fits and clears everything.

Worked on the grill, it had a few places where there were defects on the rounded upper part so I worked them over a little and got them filled in with epoxy. Before leaving the shop tonight, I shot a very heavy coat of high build clear coat on it to fill in pin holes and give me a good thick coat of clear to start wet sanding and filling any little voids.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:38 PM   #1474
Highwayman

Name: Highwayman
Title: bored.
Member`s Gallery
Do you ever hear any complaints from any power wagon purists?

I don't envy you building all of those panels, but they all look good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak24 View Post
Lolzzzzzz fakin haters

Old 04-17-2018, 07:41 AM   #1475
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
No, I don't think I've gotten any complaints from PW people, I did have a thread over on the PW advertiser page but haven't been on there in a few years. They all seemed to like it when I was posting build pictures back then.

Not much of an update, just spent time sanding on the grill and working out those pin holes and some runs I got from the heavy clear coat layers I put on it. Need to shoot a few more layers on it tonight or tomorrow night when I get a chance and order the new graphic for the front of the grill, going to bury it in clear coat when I finish up the paint.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:52 PM   #1476
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
worked a bit on the truck. Shot another coat of clear on the grill and sanded it down again, then masked the front off and shot orange on it. Wet sanded it this evening and then shot another several coats of orange on it. Will check it out in the morning, but think I will need to wet sand it down just a bit and then shoot another coat on it.

Also cut out the first panel for the hood. Started getting it attached with pop rivets. Lot of drilling left to do.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:20 PM   #1477
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Finished painting the grill and clear coating it and ordered the skull and crossbones sticker for the front.

On the hood, really wishing I'd bought .025 instead of .050. Was a bit of a bear getting it to make the curves on the top, but I've got all of the aluminum on the frame now. Doesn't look perfect, but should work. Now I need to build the front mount pin points and weld in the piece for the rear. Hopefully it will all work out. Set it back on the truck at the end of the night just to see what it looked like. Think it will look decent.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:46 AM   #1478
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Seems like I've worked on everything but the race truck over the last couple of weeks.

I built 2 "flower" beds for the front of the legion and my wife and I donated them, the dirt and the flowers to make the building look better.

I also built her a frame lattice for the south side of her gazebo in the front of the house so she can do something she wanted to do with it.

Bought her a new car a couple of weeks ago as well. Her 2004 Avalanche with 320+k miles on it was on it's way down hill fast with everything being completely worn out on it. Got her a 2018 Equinox and she loves it.

Worked on our road smoothing it out from the fall and winter weather and then had 3 loads of crusher run hauled in, 2 for the road and 1 for the parking area at the house and the little drive to the cattle guard. Still need a couple more to finish it out and get it in really good shape, but that will wait till after vacation.

Bought some new dewalt battery power tools. Love the new 60v circular saw and the saws all. Also got a small 20v chainsaw to trim trees up with but I haven't used it yet.

Been tied up with legion stuff as well. Since I'm going to be the new commander in July, having to pick up additional stuff. We had a band in 2 saturdays ago, free to the public. Advertised the heck out of it and only had about 50 people show up. Pathetic. I'm done with having bands in there, can't generate enough interest in the town to support paying the band. Also having to research getting a new alcohol license since our 3.2 license goes away in Oct when only strong beer will be available... Trying to talk them into getting a liquor license.

On the truck. Sent off the new nodes for my logger I bought last year to have them tested and have my post intercooler sensor replaced with a thermocouple since it either melted or blew out the temp sensor I had in there. Also having them check out all the sensors to make sure they work because I never got good readings from any of them last year.

Order a fancy push pull cable for my air shut off valve. Should be in this week. Need to place an order for some 3.5" mild steel pipe to replace the post intercooler piping.

Got the mounts for the hood welded onto the truck and the hood now is locked into place. Need to pull it off this week and get the inside taked off, scuff the aluminum with scotch brite pads and get it painted and clear coated, then I can mount the grill on it and that should be done.

Still waiting on the engine. Guess the machine shop horked up my crank and the builder couldn't get the right tolerances with the various bearing sets he tried. Ended up having to go with a new crank. Hoping for the engine before Friday this week. My first race is the 19th.

I went through all the pop rivets and flattened the inside to help keep from cutting up hands while removing it.

Dropping the driveshafts off today to have them modified to fit the truck.

Old 05-13-2018, 09:21 PM   #1479
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Well, less than a week to my first points race and still don't have an engine. Being told there have been crank tolerance issues, but I really don't know. Done about everything I can think of without the engine, hoping some of the guesses I made work out once I get it.

Finished up with the hood today. It's painted and all the holes for the grill mounts are drilled in it. I still need to drill the grill out to finish it up. Shot a couple coats of clear on it today.

Finished mounting my shocks and resiviors now that the frame painting is done.

Got all the wiring back in the truck and everything hooked up that I can. Still need to change out my momentary switch on my shifter for a toggle for lockup and modify on the power panel. Need to do the same for over drive, though I will probably never use it.

Had the driveshafts modified. I hope I had the measurements right on them since I wasn't able to verify before I had them cut from measurements I took during mockup months ago.

I shipped the 2 nodes for my logger back to altronics so I could have the post intercooler temp sensor converted to a pyro and to check out all of the sensors and wiring on it, because I never could get good values from them.

Received my custom cable I had made for my air shutoff valve. Will post picks of it up after I get it all installed.

Seems like I'm having to mow once a week right now. Great for the pastures, sucks for the yard... Got the garden going full blast and installed all the soaker hoses today along with spraying roundup around the house, shop and border of the garden and the few things popping up in the walkways in the garden.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:59 AM   #1480
Broaner

Name: Broaner
Title: Been There n Broke That
Member`s Gallery
So good!

Closed Thread