Best stall for drag racing and occasional street use?

I'm pcs dumb... If i go with a manual vb, does the pcs shift it or do i manually shift it?
I do understand the manual vb requires manually shifting normally, but wasn't sure how it really works.
It also has data logging capabilities to right? How much of a pia is that to get sensored and record?

I lock-up with a switch, as soon as i launch im hitting the switch...roughly 11-12mph i think.
It spins on take off (8-11psi) and (13-15ish psi) and (18-23 psi) then spins on lock-up. When it locks i drift about 3ft to the left, so i stage a little to the right.
I have a DPC triple (2100rpm i think).
I float on that 3800-4000rpm as i lock, pull down to who knows.
Terra Grapplers at 20's psi and 30's psi.
I need to find some consistency, maybe a pcs is what im looking for... as well as some stickier tires and 3:42 gears.

Sent from my F'n space phone

I'm pcs dumb... If i go with a manual vb, does the pcs shift it or do i manually shift it?
I do understand the manual vb requires manually shifting normally, but wasn't sure how it really works.
It also has data logging capabilities to right? How much of a pia is that to get sensored and record?

I lock-up with a switch, as soon as i launch im hitting the switch...roughly 11-12mph i think.
It spins on take off (8-11psi) and (13-15ish psi) and (18-23 psi) then spins on lock-up. When it locks i drift about 3ft to the left, so i stage a little to the right.
I have a DPC triple (2100rpm i think).
I float on that 3800-4000rpm as i lock, pull down to who knows.
Terra Grapplers at 20's psi and 30's psi.
I need to find some consistency, maybe a pcs is what im looking for... as well as some stickier tires and 3:42 gears.

Get rid of the off road tires.. 420s' for the win, and traction.

Yeah, i get that..part.
TerraGrapplers do have a better dry traction rating though.
Besides all that though, Q is the pcs.

The vb in my dads truck can be shifted manually and It still shifts automatically when you put it in drive. It's the ATS select shift, but I would go to Suncoast since their standalone vb is a complete billet piece, instead of a highly modified 48re vb.

Give them a call, they can get ya headed in the right direction.

Yeah, i get that..part.
TerraGrapplers do have a better dry traction rating though.
Besides all that though, Q is the pcs.

Granted it's a 285 vs 305, but the 2wd traction difference is huge between these two for me. I'll be putting the grapplers back on in a few weeks and I'm sure I'll fear for my life in all aspects once again.

The PCS controls the shifting and TC lockup. You do not have to shift it manually but can set it up to do that if you want. That being said, YOU still have to setup/tune the shift/downshift graphs and parameters as to when and how you want things to happen and under what conditions. It is not just a "plug-n-play", "one tune fits all" kind of thing.

I litteraly just got done putting in my reverse manual vb from suncoast 2 night's ago. Ernie at suncoast is who builds them said if you want he can make it lockup in 1st. I got it for 2nd. I only drove it around the block quickly cause it was late but so far feels awsome. I modified a tci shifter to accomadate 2 on/off switches so it looks nice and easy to access. I'd say go manual vb, my truck is also an 05 with around 1000. I'll be at Antrim if you wanna take a look

On the SSR we start loosing fuel at about 3800rpm on the autometer tach, and about 4000rpm on the factory tach.

Is it the same with the TNT-R ? The two runs I was on the limiter hard my datalogger showed a straight line through the entire pass between 3904 - 4015 rpms.

Back