Fuel System Challenge

How many want to see all 6.0 fuel systems dynoed same time/same place ?

• Yes

Votes: 62 96.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

djdieseltech

Here’s an idea. I don’t know if everybody agrees or not but I would like to clear the air with all these fuel systems. We can get all the vendors that have their own fuel systems to bring a stock truck or bigger injector trucks, whatever. We can hire Dunbar for a couple of days of dyno time. We all agree on the setup for the trucks. We dyno the trucks before the fuel system, install the fuel system and then dyno again.

Maybe we can get a magazine to do a write up. Ford 6.0L Fuel System Challenge

Everybody can see where the gains are, where there are no gains and where they stay the same.

Just an idea. I’d like some feedback.

DJ :evil

If your going to do all that, you might as well make it the ULTIMATE SHOOTOUT. tunes, ficm reprogramming, nos, fuel system, ic, etc etc. Lets see what everything does. NO?

That's a good idea too but bascially what we're trying to do is clear the air on fuel systems. There's one popping up every day and I want to see what works and what doesn't work. It's a good opportunity for everybody to strut their stuff.

That's a good idea too but bascially what we're trying to do is clear the air on fuel systems. There's one popping up every day and I want to see what works and what doesn't work. It's a good opportunity from everybody to strut their stuff.

Again, the same questions keep getting ask. Who tunes, what nos, whos IC, whos sticks, etc etc. Why not just get everything out NOW. Lots of people spending big money on chit that may or may not work. Lets just get everything out on the table. I will contribute $300 right now to the cause if we do the above.

Hey Toby,

If I understand you correctly the items you are referring to, tuner, intercooler, nitrous system, in my opinion, are better tested at the track. The reason that I say to test the fuel system on a dyno is so that all the companies can participate, we all trust David's dyno and we can see where the bigger gains are. If we do the fuel system at the track, the problem is that 20hp is not going to give you much of an gain, at the track. But then, if you have a good driver, and the other guy has a bad driver, we still didn't prove which fuel system is better. Whereas with all the modifications you have said there is going to be a huge difference from one product to the other and one setup to the other. Driver error will be at a minimum.

It is a good idea to get everybody together but how do you get everybody together?

DJ, do you think the results will even be worth looking at? I'd bet money that even if one were to take the time and effort to swap all that different stuff on and off that there would probably be 5 hp difference between 1st and last.

LOL, I thought we were talking about DYNO numbers only.

I would think that most vendors would want to prove them selfs and there products. Where there is a will there is a way. I know it's easier said than done, but I know it would be interesting.

I'm in tampa but I'd be more than willing to drive up for this and donate my truck to the cause. I'm looking at installing a fuel system and I'm stock engine/tune wise. I don't know how my 40" meats would do on the dyno but just throwing it out there that there is definately end user interest locally.

Hey Tim,

I think the results will be worth looking at. #1 - we can clear the air from the bickering and arguing back and forth and all this nonesense. #2 - you can have a fuel system that gives you 20hp gain and you can have a fuel system that gives you a negative 20hp. I think it's worth spending the money and time to do all this. I'm willing to put my system up and see what happens.

Toby, it would be interesting to do an all out. I have the time and will spend the money. But, the thing I am more concerned with right now is the fuel systems. We can make it an event for fuel systems and an event for all out hp but that is obviously going to take more than 2 days.

The fuel system is easy. Put a stock truck on the dyno, get the number. Put the fuel system in the truck and put it back on the dyno. Get your results.

To get an all out would be interesting too if everybody brings a truck with their setup and we do it.

I'm in tampa but I'd be more than willing to drive up for this and donate my truck to the cause. I'm looking at installing a fuel system and I'm stock engine/tune wise. I don't know how my 40" meats would do on the dyno but just throwing it out there that there is definately end user interest locally.

40" meats no go....so looks like I'll be donating my truck. :hehe:

Big Wheel,

The tires have nothing to do with it. You will either have a gain or a loss. You will put your truck on the dyno see what the end result is, add a fuel system and see what the end result is.

Big Wheel,

The tires have nothing to do with it. You will either have a gain or a loss. You will put your truck on the dyno see what the end result is, add a fuel system and see what the end result is.

The speed shop I hang out at around here won't put it on the dyno cuz they're too big but that's a stang shop. Didn't know if your guy is more flexible with the biggun's.

Back