12V camshaft

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
Looking for the largest drop in camshaft for a 95 12V with a large set of twins. Need something that does not need to be degreed in.

I believe 188/220 is the largest drop in. As long as there hasn't been much taken off the block or head.

Sent from my paperweight

Head is off getting the intake shelf machined off. So I can throw in a oversized head gasket to help.

I've heard of ppl slapping pistons with a 188/220 if the block or head was shaved. To the OP, I wouldn't chance it for the minimal gain that a slightly larger than 188/220 would give you. Or at least run a thicker gasket as a precaution if you decide to go larger.

Sent from my paperweight

Head is off getting the intake shelf machined off. So I can throw in a oversized head gasket to help.

If you're already spending the money to do that, why not spend a little more and have the pistons fly cut? Then you can go larger and actually benefit from that runner intake.

Sent from my paperweight

I've heard of ppl slapping pistons with a 188/220 if the block or head was shaved. To the OP, I wouldn't chance it for the minimal gain that a slightly larger than 188/220 would give you. Or at least run a thicker gasket as a precaution if you decide to go larger.

Sent from my paperweight

U only slap pistons if you don't check your clearances

Looking for the largest drop in camshaft for a 95 12V with a large set of twins. Need something that does not need to be degreed in.

If your not going to time it, and just want to put it in, even a cam close to 188/220 could have problems. It depends also if the head, and block have been decked. The other thing people forget to factor in is that you need to have a certain amount of clearance. Just because you have .030 clearance does not mean you will clear when everything is running. Turbo pressure, cam profile, and rpm have an effect on the springs ability to keep the valve in proper timing.

I have few options for you.
We have a 187/220, 186/209, or we could take your stock cam or a stock core and regrind it. We can work with you to get you a cam that fits.

I would time it in if I knew how to & had the equipment. I fear its a process that takes more then a youtube video to learn & understand enough to not make mistakes.

Right now we are reworking the website. The degreeing instructions is under performance products, camshafts. It is kind of a mess right now but is there. If you have a problem finding it or the site is down, let me know, I can email you a pdf version.

Last edited:
Back