Curious about this set-up

takedown95

I don't deal much with stock trucks anymore but came across a '96 12V with a few upgrades and wanted to know what folks thought and what it might be capable of HP wise:

Air Dog 150
DAP 5x0.014 155* SAC injectors
4k spring kit
60# valve springs
16.5* of timing
AFC live
BW SX-E s300 64/68/12

450/500 prolly needs more timing depending what your doing with it, also what trans and gears. Not sure how lag will be with the AFC live.

What it's capable of is maybe 450ish with more timing. I bet it's a smokey 325HP as is.

It’s an auto but not sure on gears. It was Smokey at first but then turned down the throttle response and it cleaned up quite a bit. Still a noticeable haze at idle and moderate smoke when you get on it but much better.

What are you guys thinking for timing ? 25*?

It’s an auto but not sure on gears. It was Smokey at first but then turned down the throttle response and it cleaned up quite a bit. Still a noticeable haze at idle and moderate smoke when you get on it but much better.

What are you guys thinking for timing ? 25*?

If the head is o-ringed, I'd shoot for that. If not do that first, or settle for 18

The stock pump on a 96 is hard to beat up to 650 hp, way more reliable than the electric ones.

On your 99 the air dog, fass setup is way more reliable than the stocker.

If the head is o-ringed, I'd shoot for that. If not do that first, or settle for 18

Thanks Jeff. I didn’t know timing existed below about 40*. Lol. I also found out it has 4.10 gears. I was wondering why the rpms were so high going 65.

Thanks Jeff. I didn’t know timing existed below about 40*. Lol. I also found out it has 4.10 gears. I was wondering why the rpms were so high going 65.

One good turn deserves another. That's the way I see it anyway.
What are your plans with that old club?

Back