Dynomite Diesel 12v Pilot Injectors

Bersaglieri

Ron Swanson's Brother
I was doing some research on 12v injectors and an algorithm delivered a few videos showing a new DDP injector design and patent. The nozzles feature 2 smaller holes in addition to the typical 5 for pilot injection during the compression stroke. I believe PDD's Power Jet injectors have the same or similar technology. Power Driven has a couple Power Jet videos showing some improvements in power, smoke, egt, etc.

I hoped to find the typical CompD thread full of criticism, smack talk, with a dash of real world pilot injector feedback, but alas, I see nothing. So let's start this party, Gimmick or Gains?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNoDwc0rynk?si=XQuhs7Nn_Q3diMHK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mELgMNMgEc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLTJz50Nz-w

Last edited:
Interesting, and it makes sense to me. My first negative thought was longevity. How long before the pilot holes become a crack in the nozzle tip, or just plugs up with carbon, and become useless. We are talking about a hole so small you wont see it without magnification. I think the smallest wire I have in my nozzle cleaning kit is .006, and if you lay that one on the work bench without a black rag under it, it disappears.

2 posts...and number 3 goes off to guitar land. I love it. :hehe:

What ? You didn't think this could actually become an injector nozzle discussion with our current "active" members ? As much as I enjoy the technical aspect on the science of internal combustion, I feel this forum has evolved into campfire beer drinking shenanigans.

:hehe:

I ran DDP injectors in the '02. I liked them, but I can't speak technically about the size and length and angle of the tiny holes. :D

They have been hyping up their nozzle making the last few years, in the common rail stuff there has been some high HP put down with their products.

Maybe smokem will chime in. He still is doing 12v fueling stuff.

Maybe smokem will chime in. He still is doing 12v fueling stuff.

I was hoping for that myself, he knows a lot of stuff.

I know we used a bunch of DDP nozzles back in the day when hot rodding pickups was fun for me, and not frowned upon by the establishment.
We always had the expected results. Kennametal corp. is right on our back yard, so we mainly went there for extrude honing our own stuff, but Dynamite was our go to otherwise. Good people too.

Last edited:
We have spent the better part of a century figuring out how to prevent dribble, and now these guys have patented it. ?

Lots of old user handles popping up on here lately.

I don't see the advantage to this unless a specialized delivery valve is used. I also don't see that orifice staying open very long, the filtration just isn't there to prevent plugging.

I didn't get to listen to the whole video yet. I will later.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Apparently everyone forgot about the 10/11-hole Dragon Fire and Dragon Flow injectors from almost 20yrs ago.

Apparently everyone forgot about the 10/11-hole Dragon Fire and Dragon Flow injectors from almost 20yrs ago.

I remember those, and something very similar to this Don M was playing with I believe too

I don't remember why no one ever ran them, probably because a set of 370 Marines was $450, and a good set of injectors was $1100 back in those days.

I ran DDP4's in one truck, and DDP3's in the tow rig. Always seemed fine to me, but technology has changed since then...or maybe testing has changed since then LOL

Chris

I'm also going to add...the only thing I can about hot rodding these days are 2 stroke Detroits, and a BF6L613C Deutz air cooled we have in a 1979 C30 Chevy LOL

Found it out west and just had to have it, what being old air cooled Deutz tractor guys and all...but at 225hp she just needs a bit more...though I don't know exactly what the head bolts will take in those things. Maybe 300hp or so would be enough

Chris

I'm also going to add...the only thing I can about hot rodding these days are 2 stroke Detroits, and a BF6L613C Deutz air cooled we have in a 1979 C30 Chevy LOL

Found it out west and just had to have it, what being old air cooled Deutz tractor guys and all...but at 225hp she just needs a bit more...though I don't know exactly what the head bolts will take in those things. Maybe 300hp or so would be enough

Chris

I happen to know a Deutz guy, it's not me, but if you want I can point.

I happen to know a Deutz guy, it's not me, but if you want I can point.

Seriously? Usually I'm the ONLY Deutz guy I know, other than the guys that work for us that taught me everything I know LOL

Absolutely. I know the engines pretty well, but we've never done more than just maintain them and do normal tractor and combine work with them. Not looking for anything wild on this one, just 225hp isn't much when you're used to new Duramax's and 12v's

Chris

No problem. This man I know tractor pulls with a Deutz, and not in farm stock either LOL.

He's even an AGCO guy right here in good old Yoderville, western pa. I'll PM his info right now.

The nozzles feature 2 smaller holes in addition to the typical 5 for pilot injection during the compression stroke.

Pilot orifice is a made up term, pilot injection is a complete separate injection event. The nozzle pictured below has been running in a large cubic inch Detroit since 2017, just didn't have any cool names for it.

DN.jpg

Back