6.4L Cummins Build Complete and awesome.

Keeping it single for now. I like the single, it has a safe feeling about it, and I want to see how far I can take it. Once I fire ring, and sleeve the other block I will probably go triples. Thinking 2 467s over my 75 or to more 75s.

I completely understand that. I'm looking forward to seeing the triples on it eventually.

Scott

6182d536a774e0c29bc4b1d57ab0e741.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you use to clean that transfercase ? That sucker is ... Well, CLEAN !

What did you use to clean that transfercase ? That sucker is ... Well, CLEAN !

Lol I decreased it and power washed it. I painted it is why it looks so nice. I wasn’t going to paint it then after it cleaned up so nice I figured paint wouldn’t hurt.

If I remember correctly, you built the transmission yourself. If I am correct on that, what kit did you use?

Scott

a0cab65ad99992f14fe821f7a01caf4b.jpg
a7d490152881318e570cdc12ee9f483c.jpg

Have to put the converter bolts in, flush the trans coolers, flush the fuel system, update my efilive and laptop, wait for another fitting from summit for my line pressure gauge, and then she should be ready to rip. Hopefully all is well. Photo credit to my buddy and transmission builder Jim Bush. He threw it in last night while I was at work without me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly, you built the transmission yourself. If I am correct on that, what kit did you use?i

Scott

I built the engine. My buddy Jim has been building them for a few years and knows what he’s doing so I leave the transmission building and maintenance up to him. Not saying I couldn’t do it, but he’s got it down so I just help when I can.

Last edited:
Do you know what kit he used for the upgraded hard parts?

Scott

I’m not exactly sure. I know Firepunk sent him everything. I think he had to use different thinner steels to get the clearance he wanted in direct. Maybe he will chime in with the info.

Thanks for the response. If he got everything from Firepunk, then it's most likely a Firepunk kit.

Scott

Thanks for the response. If he got everything from Firepunk, then it's most likely a Firepunk kit.

Scott

I guess I didn’t read what you said completely. The rebuild kit came from Firepunk. As far as the “Hard Parts” I’m not sure what exactly your asking for. The tcs combo kit, aermet input, intermediate, and output shafts came from TCS through Firepunk. I ordered the TCS low reverse piston, Billet oversized direct drum from TCS, suncoast light weight reaction shell, suncoast FWD Billet piston, TCS Billet clutch retainer, PDD “Billet” Belleville spring, and the Quad disc came straight from Phil. The valve body jim did himself from what he’s been taught over the years from Lavon.

Back