A few pulling question??????

jktcummins

24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
Ok i was wondering if yall are pulling in 4 hi or 4 low. Also automatic guy are yall spooling up and then launching and what gear are u letting it shift into.

I have been pulling in 4 low and letting it go into drive. I know that i can pull like that i just havent wanted to look like a dumn ass and not be able too get it going in 4 hi.

the best way to do a comparison is put your truck in 4low and manually hold it in 3rd gear and then in 4th gear while the truck is at a set rpm..... say 2000k. then record the mph. then do the same test in 1st and 2nd at the same rpm on the high side. you should be able to find the perfect gear selection for yourself like that.
also depending on fuel and charger size, spooling it up on the line may be the only way to get your charger to lite.

most guys will pull/should pull in 4lo, in drive with the o/d off--in 4hi you run more of a chance of breaking an output shaft or other tranny stuff---of course if you feel good about your billet stuff then go for 4hi---chris

I pull first gear on the high side manually locked in (transgo kit holds to any rpm)

I leave the line with about 15lbs of boost on my PSD

I am talking about my truck in my sig. If you pulling 4 hi wont you have to worry about traction off the line.

not really, most sleds will usually start fairly easy, you would just be holding the break to kina get your r's up, then ease off and let it get rolling. give it a try, you'll see what i mean. if it doesnt work good for you then go back to how you did it before, thats part of the game trial and error. good luck!:ft:

Pulling with an Auto or Manual you really dont want to spin the hell out of your tires off the line. Its really smarter to let the tires start to pull the sled and grab traction before letting all the power hit the ground and spin the tires.
"walking the sled out"

Back