Pre Turbo Injection

If you haven't tried precompressor injection then what do you have to add to the thread besides theories and BS. I have done it, it works. If used for competition purposes with proper atomization it will not erode a compressor wheel. I won't say daily use would be as benign. I have not tested it as I see no reason to use it day in and day out.

If you're scared to do it then don't.

Have you? Based on "I have not tested it" thats a clear no and a contradiction to what you posted earlier, that makes you a clear liar.

I know, but Sandaholic is just one of those "fools" thats so fun to drag on so he can continue making a "fool" of himself. :evil

I have 2 nozzles in my intake horn and 1 in front of the compressor wheel. When I'm at the track or on the dyno I open a valve that allows water to reach the pre-compressor nozzle. When I'm not competing or testing I leave the valve off. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
:nail:

Spraying water onto the compressor wheel artificially increases the compressor wheel's surface area, allowing smaller chargers to have more efficiency. I have NEVER seen a pic of a compressor wheel damaged by PCI..... has anyone? Its a damn myth

Does this help the discussion at all?

bead.jpg

Ok, I have found an instance where a pre-turbo alcohol injection supposedly damaged a compressor wheel. There was controversy over whether the water/alcohol pooled on an edge in the compressor housing or whether the pump remained on and streamed water out. Proper atomization/placement would not result in this

oh, and someone was saying that it could be a result of deposits and minerals in un-purified water. purified/mass produced windsheild washer fluid/boost juice would not have this effect

If you actually look, you might find what you're looking for.
pre-turbo compressor damage - Devilsown Methanol Alcohol Water Injection

The first guy said he injected more water than diesel.......5 gallons of water between 2 nozzles in 120 miles and poor nozzle placement. Yeah, wonder why it ate the wheel. The other guy possibly had a leaking check valve (stemming from the use of tap water) which would allow a non-pressurized stream of water to leak from the line into the compressor wheel. Seems both of the guys were injecting at fairly low boost levels as well. Also looks like their nozzles were too big for PCI.

Back