06 TDI EGR, needed or not?

I have heard that if you flash the ECM, you could have problems with the transmission, is this correct.

I have a 2006 jetta TDI, and also interested in deleting my EGR, just dont want to replace a transmission later on down the road.

In a 06' you should be more worried about cam erosion. EGR deletes don't have anything to do with the transmission.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, something to do with the owner somehow feeling he can be held liable for "discussion of conspiracy to remove federal mandated emission equipment" if the man ever cracks down. But considering any ecu tune, nozzle change, and muffler delete is also illegal according to tdiclub's rules, I find the latest round of no dpf talk to be total crap. Either allow it all or don't allow any. Don't do a drunken stumble down the line.

Tdiclub sucks for that exact reason, they are freaking anti free speech nazis over there. Too many hippie/liberal idiots!

Tdiclub sucks for that exact reason, they are freaking anti free speech nazis over there. Too many hippie/liberal idiots!

Its an import crowd LOL. What do you expect.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

not deleting the EGR, it is flashing the ECM that can cause transmission problem, something to do with shift points and the extra horsepower that you gain can hurt.

is there someone out there that can just flah the ECM to just shut off the EGR sensor so that it wont throw a code and not mess with timing or fuel?

I have noticed that someone sujested that just rerouting the pipe to go into the exhasut and not the intake, but someone said that the sensor reads pressures, isnt the barometric pressure the same at the intake as the exhaust after the turbo?

not deleting the EGR, it is flashing the ECM that can cause transmission problem, something to do with shift points and the extra horsepower that you gain can hurt.

is there someone out there that can just flah the ECM to just shut off the EGR sensor so that it wont throw a code and not mess with timing or fuel?

I have noticed that someone sujested that just rerouting the pipe to go into the exhasut and not the intake, but someone said that the sensor reads pressures, isnt the barometric pressure the same at the intake as the exhaust after the turbo?

I don't know about the newer TDI's, but usuallly deleting the EGR isn't enough HP to worry about, and it's normally possible to just disable the EGR with software, and you don't have to touch shift points. VAG-COM has this ability.

I found the VAG-COM, how can I turn off the EGR from that?

I have no idea how to, I dont know much about VW'S

If it is similar to the ALH version, you do not turn the EGR off, just adjust the reading on the mass air flow to a point it does not notice the EGR not working.

I will order this weekend, I will post all my findings.

I also want to delete the C@T, I thought I read something about you have to buy something for that as well, or is that just more BS?

If I can remeber, once you delete the C@T, the O2 sensor will trip the engine light?

going to TDI world to find the write up on the VAG-COM.

EGR delete only is possible. I have tuned MKV TDI's with DSG(pre 2009) No issues there.

O2 sensors don't care about the cat either.

You can't delete the EGR using VCDS, it must be done by a tune.

Well I tore the EGR cooler out a few weekends ago. Good thing I did and that my EGR valve has been unplugged. There sure was some nasty crap in the outlet of the cooler and the inlet to the valve. Now I am just awaiting my clutch install this weekend and finish the gauge install and I will be running a Malone stage 1.5 tune in it for mileage and a little better pick-up.

Well I tore the EGR cooler out a few weekends ago. Good thing I did and that my EGR valve has been unplugged. There sure was some nasty crap in the outlet of the cooler and the inlet to the valve. Now I am just awaiting my clutch install this weekend and finish the gauge install and I will be running a Malone stage 1.5 tune in it for mileage and a little better pick-up.

did you get the clutch in and get her running yet?:ft:

Clutch went in yesterday as well as the Malone stage 1.5 tune. For the quick trip I made with it everything seemed to better, more torque, more power, at least from the 2 mile trip I took it on after getting it all done. I am debating installing the gauges today or waiting for next weekend. I guess it all depends on how motivated I am today.

I'd be interested to hear if there is any increase in the time it takes to get the engine to operating temperature after removing the EGR. I don't have a good feel for how much exhaust gas is recirculating during initial startup or cold engine conditions, so it may be a moot point.

I can idle the car and get it to operating temp without the EGR working. I unplugged it back in March and have had no ill effects since. I would say as long as you are not short tripping the car it is still going to get to operating temp quick enough. I am getting ready to go run some errands, I will watch how long it takes to get to operating temp, miles and time and report back.

It was up to operating temp in 7 minutes and 4 miles total. No warm up time since our lane is 1/4 mile. This was on a stone cold engine, had not been started since yesterday.

:clap: I'm so glad I found this thread cause I was not getting anywhere on that forum with the delete info. I joined this forum as soon as I read this thread. I will be doing the delete soon. Thanks for all the info guys. Now what about a PCV aka CCV reroute?

Back