If you think you need a Fat Input Shaft, LOOK HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Swole, If you set the lock-up circuit to engage softly so it doesn't break the input shaft no matter how you "drive a lock-up Switch", the torque converter lock-up clutches will fail in 30 days or whatever but the input shaft will remain in-tact!!!

So basically, you figure out the easiest piece to replace, and set it up as the "fuse." I say make the u-joint be the weak link. I can fix those.

So basically, you figure out the easiest piece to replace, and set it up as the "fuse." I say make the u-joint be the weak link. I can fix those.

Lol, yea thats a good idea. Just put some autozone joints in and you wont have to worry about anything forward of that.

My tranny guy is onto something too, this last go around he changed up some stuff, I had previously broken 3 other shafts, I have more than 60 passes on this one.

Last edited:
My tranny guy is onto something too, this last go around he changed up some stuff, I had previously broken 3 other shafts, I have more than 60 passes on this one.

Awesome. Its really fascinating to me that some of the other companies havent figured out how to do it. Its really very simple. Dave has had it figured out for about 8-9 years now. Hopefully more will as well. I feel sorry for these guys that constantly break shafts.

:hehe:

I have friends that could break a steel anvil with a rubber mallet in less than 30 days.

I'm one of those people. Break something on a piece of equipment, get off the tractor and your jaw drops. That ain't supposed to be like that.......ask about my disk and flail mower:bang

Back on topic, your saying even in this big horsepower pro street trucks that launch like a space shuttle and get to hopping at times like a kangaroo you haven't broken one?

That surprises me, no matter how good of setup, that much bucking and banging, some things gotta give.

I'm one of those people. Break something on a piece of equipment, get off the tractor and your jaw drops. That ain't supposed to be like that.......ask about my disk and flail mower:bang

Back on topic, your saying even in this big horsepower pro street trucks that launch like a space shuttle and get to hopping at times like a kangaroo you haven't broken one?

That surprises me, no matter how good of setup, that much bucking and banging, some things gotta give.

I agree with you man. I can see how these big power street trucks dont break them. But it really is hard to believe that the race trucks dont break them. Our current pro street truck 60ft's in the 1.30s and its still going on the same shaft I put in it three years ago. But even more impressive is the 4wds. My 4wd 60ft'ed in the low 1.50s. And it was violent. It hopped around bad. it still has the same input i put in it back in 2009 and its got well over 450, probably more like 500 passes on it from 700-1100 hp. Its still going strong even in its current monster truck state. But sitting there as Dave explains why they do or dont break, brings it all into perspective.

I agree with you man. I can see how these big power street trucks dont break them. But it really is hard to believe that the race trucks dont break them. Our current pro street truck 60ft's in the 1.30s and its still going on the same shaft I put in it three years ago. But even more impressive is the 4wds. My 4wd 60ft'ed in the low 1.50s. And it was violent. It hopped around bad. it still has the same input i put in it back in 2009 and its got well over 450, probably more like 500 passes on it from 700-1100 hp. Its still going strong even in its current monster truck state. But sitting there as Dave explains why they do or dont break, brings it all into perspective.

I have no interest in building transmissions, but I'd love to sit down and have all the inner workings explained to me in detail.

Sent from my paperweight

I have no interest in building transmissions, but I'd love to sit down and have all the inner workings explained to me in detail.

Sent from my paperweight

I wish Dave could put on a class for the public. Its unbelieveable the knowledge he has on these things. And the equipment to learn more. Stuff you couldnt even imagine. Im left scratching my head every time I go up there

I wish Dave could put on a class for the public. Its unbelieveable the knowledge he has on these things. And the equipment to learn more. Stuff you couldnt even imagine. Im left scratching my head every time I go up there

I met Dave for the first time when we where traveling down to Scheid. He gave us a personal tour that lasted all of 3 hours. It was awesome!! He definitely knows his stuff.

Back