my p-pump conversion

red dodge2

here are a few pics...its coming slow but sure...i got valve springs, pushrods, lines and a fluidamper coming hopefully this week from PDP. i also am getting all my throttle parts from mamau diesel this week. i got the cam sensor relocator from Jesse (GOT TORQUE) on here. it worked out very well.

what the best way to find tdc on every cylinder to install the valve springs?

the pump came from cumminsram on here. fully built and everything. hopefully everything works out as planned.

im having trouble uploading them right now. how you you post them so they appear on the post in the larger size?

You have to upload them to another site, and then you add the hyperlink in your post as opposed to just attaching the files.

here they are................

Attachments

• pictures of sarahs camera 271.jpg
    pictures of sarahs camera 271.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 160
  • pictures of sarahs camera 272.jpg
    pictures of sarahs camera 272.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 140
  • pictures of sarahs camera 277.jpg
    pictures of sarahs camera 277.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 154
a few more pics.

Attachments

• pictures of sarahs camera 273.jpg
    pictures of sarahs camera 273.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 122
  • pictures of sarahs camera 279.jpg
    pictures of sarahs camera 279.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 101
  • pictures of sarahs camera 275.jpg
    pictures of sarahs camera 275.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 89
Pull the injector out and stick a screwdriver or similar tool down in the hole and turn the engine over until it comes all the way up.

do them in pairs that add up to 7- cylinders 1&6, 2&5, and 3&4 as they move together

use a screwdriver to find the top of the stroke (doesnt have to be quite as accurate as when finding true TDC, just watch til the screwdriver stops rising and starts to fall again)

i was able to use the main oil feed port on the pump and i have a "T"ed in with the vaccum pump line, man is it close in there.

i am getting a new airdog 150 also..do i need to get the 40psi spring from them or does it come with it? also how much of a pita is it to install the draw tube in the tank?

If you get one for a 12v it will already have the spring you need. If you can do this swap the AD 150 install will be no problem.

i am getting a new airdog 150 also..do i need to get the 40psi spring from them or does it come with it? also how much of a pita is it to install the draw tube in the tank?

Its cake compared to what else is involved with the swap.

attachment.php

I'm assumeing you are going to run a regulator on the return since you dont have a p-pump overflow valve?

after the valve springs are in and everything is back together, what is the best and easiest way to adjust the valves, and what about do i need to adjust them to?

and when i go and time the pump, just set the engine at TDC and then roll the pump back to whatever degrees you want it and then lock it at that? i may be wrong as im just learning about these p-pumps.

Whats the best way to do so? looking at around 25-27*.

Back