Where to vent the motor

Trapper

Hater
HYe guys I noticed some of you have yoour 12Vs vented at one valve cover or sometimes all of them, Don't you get oil everywhere or you do this to not blow you gaskets out? Where would I find a valve cover with a hole in it?:thankyou2:

Trapper said:
HYe guys I noticed some of you have yoour 12Vs vented at one valve cover or sometimes all of them, Don't you get oil everywhere or you do this to not blow you gaskets out? Where would I find a valve cover with a hole in it?:thankyou2:

Hole saw. Rubber Grommet. :aiwebs_032:

I have my 1st, 3rd, & 5th valve cover vented.

I use the chrome filters that the ricers use for CCVs.

I have seen a little oil come out of one of the filters, but nothing major.

If you had a 7.3L you could run propane + high timing and it would vent itself. Much easier ;)

Trapper, I have one on my valve cover, the stock draft tube and another tube comming from the front timing case via the oil fill neck.

I have a few different ones in use on my engine. The stock on on the tappet cover. I also run a 24valve breather up on the timming cover (all I do is pull it off when doing and oil change and put the 12valve oil filler on for the 1/2 hour it takes...pretty easy) then I also have the valve cover breathers. I will be putting one on #6 this winter because there is enough room for it beside the GMC firewall!

RyanB

Josh I seen the one on the front cover that you had, but you haven't put that one on the valve cover yet, I will put a few on the valve covers.

why went the engine?

i do know they get more pressure... but, should i vent mine also? at around 400 + HP

Back