Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #201
dvst8r

Name: dvst8r
Title: Unobtainium
Member`s Gallery
Did you build any supports (maybe not pictured) for the water lines in the bed? If not you will want to do this. Even double clamped you will end up damaging them with how much that truck gets bounced around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
If i had some ham, I could have ham and eggs, if i had some eggs.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #202
NakeDiesel

Name: NakeDiesel
Title: Smoke'n in the Mud
Member`s Gallery
The water lines are well supported under the truck, they are sandwiched between the body and both my transfercase and transmission mounts, right now the can move side to side a little under the body, but after I get my exhaust pipe in, I'll permanently lock them in place. I'll take some under the truck shots this week when I get home and post them up

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Air Dog, Muldoons Diesel Performance, Power Driven Diesel, Diesel Performance Converters

Old 03-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #203
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Well, rear shocks came in today, front shocks will be here thursday. W2A intercooler setup has shipped from Colorado and will hopefully be here by Friday. My Caltrac's have also shipped and will hopefully be here by friday as well. My exhaust manifold still hasn't shipped, talked to Steed via email and it's still at the coaters, he's hoping he can get it shipped this week. So looks like it will be down to the wire again this year to get the truck ready for the first race.

Here is a pick of the installed intake and repainted valve covers.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Air Dog, Muldoons Diesel Performance, Power Driven Diesel, Diesel Performance Converters

Old 03-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #204
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Installed the rear shocks tonight while I was home, they are Bilstien 5160, front shocks will be here thursday along with the w2a intercooler, the boots and clamps on friday and hopefully my caltracs then as well. I managed to break one of the clamps that holds the remote resivoir to the shock body, so I'll have to pick up another one tomorrow evening.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #205
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
The delivery fairies were good to me thursday and friday. I got my water to air intercooler, water pump and ice box from Frozenboost. My caltracs, front shocks and my boots/clamps came in as well. Friday I also ordered my SDX Comp delivery valves and 5x18 injectors as well as my air filter and outerwear from AFE.

My exhaust manifold still hasn't shipped from Steed, it's looking like it's going to be the long pole in the tent to getting the truck done. Guess the guy that coats his manifolds went on vacation and didn't get it done before he left. I'm hoping he can get it shipped to me either Tuesday or Weds next week so that I can have it by the 13th of April so that i'll have the weekend to get the hot side built.

Today I installed the front shocks and the caltracs. Found that the bars they sent with the caltracs were too short, so they are shipping me ones that are 3" longer. I also installed the front drivers side outer and inner fender today as well. The truck is actually sitting on all 4 wheels again.

Getting itchy to fire it up and take it for a drive.

Here are a few pics from today.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:56 PM   #206
dvst8r

Member`s Gallery
Will you still be running the same class as last year?

Quote:

Old 03-31-2012, 03:01 PM   #207
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
I'm still running in the same class as last year. I want to win it before I move up to the next class with the truck next year.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #208
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Built my cold side pipe today and got it mounted to the intake, I still need to cut about an inch off of it and weld a bead around it to help hold the boot on. I've got 3 of my braces built to hold the w2a intercooler in the cab. Will finish the braces tomorrow and clean them up and get them painted, then the intercooler goes off to stroud to get a blanket built for it.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #209
dvst8r

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakeDiesel View Post
I'm still running in the same class as last year. I want to win it before I move up to the next class with the truck next year.
I think just with the suspension work and the weight distribution it should make a huge improvement over last year, with the added power you should be right in the mix.

You may want to look at adding boost brace's for the silicone connections at the air to water intercooler connections. That would be a heck of a loud bang, being in the cab, if one of those slips off.

Quote:

Old 04-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #210
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
That's what I'm hoping, the suspension work should make it handle better and give me better launches in the pits. And the weight shifting should help through the pits as well.

I've added welded on bolt heads to the intake pipe and will be doing the same on the exhaust side and wiring them together to keep the boots on.

I've got the mounts built for the intercooler, and have one water line ran into the cab. I need to pick up more hose to make the round trip complete. All of my wiring is completed in the cab of the truck, just need to plug things into the gauges when I get the dash back in for the final time. I test fit the dash today and won't need to modify it any with the w2a intercooler setting where it is. All the switches are wired up and they all work.

Now I'm waiting on the longer caltrac bars, injectors, delivery valves and my damned exhaust manifold. Hope it ships in a couple of days or I'm going to not have the truck done in time. I'm dropping off the intercooler tomorrow to have the blanket built for it, hopefully it will take less than 2 weeks to get it done.

Looks like it's going to be down to the wire, I'll be in San Antoinio this next weekend with my kids, so I'll only have one more full weekend to get the truck done before the first race.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #211
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
w2a intercooler is dropped off at stroud safety, should be ready in 2 to 3 days.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #212
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Has anyone had any experience with SynDiesel?http://www.syndiesel.com/

Wondering how it would perform in the mud truck. 10 gallons would probably get me through the whole race season.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #213
okie18

Name: okie18
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Here's a thread that covers it some along with some other fuels.

Exotic Racing Fuels, anybody using it? - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Old 04-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #214
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Yeah, I'd already searched on here and done several google searches looking for actual results real world results. From what I've found, it provides a consistent fuel quality, lowers egts some and a small power increase.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #215
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Got a little done last night while I was home. I added a 90 to the return side on the ice box and ran the line to the cab.

I also cut air hole into the front cover so I get fresh air into the engine compartment. I cut 7 - 4" holes along the top that will be covered by the front grill.

I also got my air filter in from AFE yesterday and today I picked up my intercooler and it's custom made jacket.

As of yesterday the exhaust manifold still hadn't shipped, was supposed to be shipped today so I'll check on it tomorrow.

Also waiting on my longer caltrac bars, injectors and delivery valves.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #216
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Well spent the weekend in San Antonio with my boys, so nothing done on the truck over the weekend. I did swap out the too short bars with the longer bars I got from Calvert last night.

The exhaust manifold has shipped and let me just say, the USPS tracking system sucks for updates. It's in the US, but I don't know if its been through customs or not, or if it's between San Fran and my house. Hoping it gets here by Friday.

Talked to Jamie at SDX, they are waiting on a shipment of nozzles to finish my injectors, so I'm not going to plan on them being here for the first race.

Basically the exhaust manifold is the hold up on getting the truck done before the first race, and don't have a way to mock up without it since its a straight t-4 instead.

This weekend, I'll set the caltacs up, install the water to air intercooler, hook up the water lines, test them out, install the fuel lines to the injectors and bleed the system. Then I'll have to decide on weather to try and wait on the exhaust mani or go ahead and build everything using the old factory mani and the spacer.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #217
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
I finished installing the caltracs last night, they still need to be adjusted, but the truck needs to be moved to a level surface first. I started installing the intercooler last night, but need to pick up some different bolts to bolt the brackets on. I'm heading to fastenal at lunch to get the bolts for that and the Allen bolts for the steed speed manifold.

The manifold finally reached Tulsa today and should be delivered tomorrow, so I can finally finish putting the truck together this weekend.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #218
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Man am I tired. I've worked my butt off on the truck the last two days, getting things together on the truck. I finally got my steed speed manifold friday morning. Spent yesterday installing the manifold, turbo, building the hot pipe to the intercooler, installing the dash, and lengthening my downpipe.

Today, I finished installing the exhaust pipe to the stack, building my wastegate out pipe that goes out behind the hood, reinstalling the fender, running the fuel pressure line, boost lines, installed the gauges and hooked them up. Had my wife help me bleed the injectors and get it started. Damn that engine sounds strong.

The truck runs, and moves, I haven't driven it yet, I need to bleed the rear brakes some more they are pretty soft. I ran the truck for a while to get the thermostat opened and circulating water. I've purged the air out of the water lines, I still have a couple of drip leakes on the 2" side. I'm going to have to get some heavy duty clamps so I can get some torque on them. I've broken probably five regular clamps trying to get them tight enough. The 2" hose I used is just very stiff.

My new decals are being printed this week for the truck, still need to wash all of the dirt off the truck from sitting all winter and adjust the caltrac's once i get the truck on level ground.

I've really getting itchy to drive it now. Should flow like butter over the rough terrain with the suspension changes.

Here are some pictures from the last two days:

Last edited by NakeDiesel; 04-14-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #219
AHall

Name: AHall
Title: Hobbyist
Member`s Gallery
Lookin damn good.

Prostreet F-100 Build Thread

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...112541&page=24

Old 04-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #220
dvst8r

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Lookin damn good.
This.

Quote:

Closed Thread