Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 01:42 AM   #1
dmigz57

Name: dmigz57
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Re wiring truck, where to buy?

Im currently in the process of stripping out the factory wiring for my puller and starting from scratch. Looking for a good source to buy all the components from. Relays, switches, terminal blocks, wire, etc. Not trying to buy cheap chit off amazon, quality parts done right the first time is what I'm after. Thanks

Old 11-21-2017, 05:37 AM   #2
Burningtire

Name: Burningtire
Member`s Gallery
I just did this last winter with my puller and it came out excellent. Very time consuming. Delcity is where I got alot of stuff (fuse panel, relays, fuses, weather pack connector kit, heat shrink connectors), actually got my wire from amazon from company called best connections, switches came from otrattw (over the river and through the woods).

This link will show you the way I did my fuse panel. Basically copied his whole way except I had different items (starter, gauges, lights, fan, fan, waterpump). It can be kinda confusing but it comes out very neat and organized. I tried color coding everything. You'll see he uses expandable braided lining on his wire with heat shrink ends, I did this and will be doing this with any wiring I do from here on out. It looks extremely good and prevents wire from being cut or knicked. Also have a big disconnect in between battery and fuse panel.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Old 11-21-2017, 06:41 AM   #3
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Member`s Gallery
I used a universal panel and wiring from painless wiring, I assume it's a mechanical truck? If so the only relay you may need would be for a big electric fuel pump.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:45 AM   #4
Burningtire

Member`s Gallery
DIY Bussmann RTMR Fuse Block, Part 5 Building the RTMR | Bodenzord

Down at the bottom you can clink link to see different parts of his fuse panel build. I basically copied what he did.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:17 AM   #5
dmigz57

Name: dmigz57
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningtire View Post
DIY Bussmann RTMR Fuse Block, Part 5 Building the RTMR | Bodenzord

Down at the bottom you can clink link to see different parts of his fuse panel build. I basically copied what he did.

I like this, amazing write up. Care to share how much $ you had into this setup?

Old 11-21-2017, 12:50 PM   #6
Burningtire

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmigz57 View Post
I like this, amazing write up. Care to share how much $ you had into this setup?
Yeah whoever it is did a good job. I'll have to look it up. I know most of it came from delcity. Got the weatherpack kit onsale at the time.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:50 PM   #7
cumins01

Name: cumins01
Member`s Gallery
If you need a picture I can send one. I used wiring from Jegs, 50 amp switches from them also. Fuse panel from Performance Pros and DT connectors from work. All ends were soldered one then heat shrink. I still have to use split loom to cover the wires. The DT kit was used to remove the harness. I have 1 engine bay harness, 1 chassis and the rest stay in the cab of the truck.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:55 PM   #8
Shaky93

Name: Shaky93
Member`s Gallery
Subscribed. Need to do the same to my drag truck this winter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Old 11-21-2017, 06:37 PM   #9
okie18

Name: okie18
Member`s Gallery
Waytek is where I get all my wiring goodies. You have to buy a minimum amount of everything but it still ends up cheaper. I compared del city and some of the others and waytek came in cheaper iirc.

I went overboard on ring terminals but it's so nice not having to drill one out when you don't have the right one.Click the image to open in full size.

Closed Thread