Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > EFI Live Tuning Discussion (Cummins)
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 07:22 AM   #1
NEVRNF

Name: NEVRNF
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Grafting 2 harnesses

I am about to do a 06 ECM conversion on my 03 motor. I have a 06 harness and pedal but i would like to keep my 03 valve cover. I don't want to use the 03 harness as i have had some issues last year and i feel it is harness related.
I lost my hookup to Alldata so can someone get me the 06 wiring harness schematics so i can cut the plugs off and rewire it using the 03 ends for the rocker box pass through?
Thanks.
02 Ford Excursion 03 5.9 CR conversion, F1 cam, springs & stg II sticks, ATS Dual Cp3, Floor it pump kit, Air Dog, Garrett stg3 from Turbo Re-Source, BTS trans, Destroked Adapters, PCS Trans Controller, Hypermax Intercooler,EFI Live by Cummins Tuner, 8 lift and 38" tires

Old 02-08-2015, 03:41 PM   #2
tylerltr450

Name: tylerltr450
Title: Wanna Be Hacker
Member`s Gallery
Here is some 06 stuff

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...U0&usp=sharing

If thats not good enough try here
http://www.rambodybuilder.com/2006/intro.pdf

Last edited by tylerltr450; 02-08-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:51 PM   #3
tylerltr450

Name: tylerltr450
Title: Wanna Be Hacker
Member`s Gallery
Let me know if you need anything else I might be able to find more.

Custom EFI Live Tuning
FullPullPerformance@gmail.com

Old 02-15-2015, 07:25 AM   #4
NEVRNF

Member`s Gallery
Thanks.
02 Ford Excursion 03 5.9 CR conversion, F1 cam, springs & stg II sticks, ATS Dual Cp3, Floor it pump kit, Air Dog, Garrett stg3 from Turbo Re-Source, BTS trans, Destroked Adapters, PCS Trans Controller, Hypermax Intercooler,EFI Live by Cummins Tuner, 8 lift and 38" tires

Old 02-15-2015, 08:40 AM   #5
CPSimpson

Name: CPSimpson
Member`s Gallery
https://techauthorityonlinedemo.extr...ew/classic.htm

If you have a VIN number, this place is the holy grail for wiring diagrams.

Old 02-21-2015, 09:50 PM   #6
Ackerdiesel

Name: Ackerdiesel
Member`s Gallery
You Can also google marine valve cover install, BDP has a helluva writeup on using a 03-05 Rockerbox/inj harness setup on their website.
BD Diesel Performance
Diesel Performance Converters
Pro Street Diesel
Drivelines Plus
Done Right Diesel Performance
Firepunk

Old 02-22-2015, 09:15 AM   #7
NEVRNF

Member`s Gallery
THANKS!!!!!!
This should make it easy.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:13 AM   #8
Inbred Inline

Name: Inbred Inline
Title: Bastard child builder
Member`s Gallery
Contact joefarmer on here, be builds EFI harnesses VERY reasonably, did mine for my swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2000 Chevy CCSB C3500 3.0 Pro Stock 4x4 "Inbred Inline"-broken junk

Old 03-10-2015, 09:39 AM   #9
Mark Nixon

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: No Savior among the flesh
Member`s Gallery
Old fashioned way is to take the valve covers off both and trace which wires go where, clip, snip, solder and shrink wrap, as necessary.

Mark.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:18 AM   #10
Kick Start

Name: Kick Start
Title: Banned
Member`s Gallery
What all is needed to convert an 03 to 06 harness? Anything besides the wiring harness?

All possible because of UNICORNS
Wampus Cat Diesel

Old 03-15-2015, 08:23 AM   #11
NEVRNF

Member`s Gallery
Mark, That would require me to buy the 06 valve cover parts to look at. I want to keep my 03 style.

Kick. you would need the ECM and a fuel pedal also.

Old 03-15-2015, 11:19 AM   #12
Mark Nixon

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: No Savior among the flesh
Member`s Gallery
Actually, all you'd need is the 2006 valve cover gasket to trace wiring.

Mark.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:40 PM   #13
NEVRNF

Member`s Gallery
So I called BDP today after looking at the website and they no longer list the parts for the conversion. I was told it would take a few weeks to source the Deutsch plugs. So does anyone know what part number the plugs, pins and seals are? American Terminal is a couple of miles from my house and they have all sorts of Deutsch stuff.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:27 AM   #14
NEVRNF

Member`s Gallery
Harness is in and truck runs. I ended up just cutting the plugs off of my 03 harness. I have only 1 wire to find then I can button up everything. I am asking for help as I can't seem to find the Tach signal going into the C130 connector? Can someone look at a schematic for me and find what I am missing? I have looked at it and I must be skipping over it.
Thanks.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:22 AM   #15
NEVRNF

Member`s Gallery
I have to say after tuning this that i am kicking myself for not switching sooner. I can't believe the improvement over the Smarty as far as smoke controll and overall driveability.
I want to thank Nick and Chris at Cummins Tuner for the tunes. I am happy but sad at the same time. I found the limit of MY single pump with a bag of parts. Dynoed in the daily driver program at 577 and 1042. Tee race programs saw Cp3 drop so time to find a twin kit for the second Cp3 i have sitting on the shelf.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:42 PM   #16
spooled05

Name: spooled05
Member`s Gallery
I got my conversion almost done just need a 48 re trans harness than I can get it installed , can't wait !

Closed Thread