Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Intelligent Engineering
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 03:37 PM   #41
Opie

Name: Opie
Title: Ingenuity Director
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12valve View Post
This kit did not keep the number 6 piston from melting... for the second time.

It might have been an injector issue, we will find out soon.

on a side note, i would prefer red hose over blue, since everything else under the hood is red.
You did send your injectors in to be tested after melting the first #6 piston right? I have a piece of red hose if you want to change over.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #42
Red Stroke

Name: Red Stroke
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I cannot find any info on your 12V setup Opie?
White 01 Superduty, Ex-Cab SB, 4x4, Built 12V Cummins, HTS Billet 47RH, 8" Stack, 796 HP 1300 ft/lbs #2, 1374 HP 2500+ ft/lb on the gas.
What you don't measure, you can't control. What you can't control-you can't improve.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:10 PM   #43
HIGH TECH RAM

Name: HIGH TECH RAM
Title: Haters!
Member`s Gallery
12v I have a piece of red hose from the kit If you want it. Also from the way you were decribing your symptoms You had a bad injector and ran it anyways

Old 02-17-2009, 09:02 AM   #44
Opie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stroke View Post
I cannot find any info on your 12V setup Opie?
It will take a little more time to install, but basically it is the same except everything is done on the opposite side of the head.(drivers side) The temp sensor is relocated on a street tee, the bypass bracket if used requires a couple holes to be drilled to pickup the holes.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #45
12valve

Name: 12valve
Title: Diesel Boy
Member`s Gallery
Opie, i did not send in the injectors to have them checked and still ran the truck anyway.
The thing is the injector that caused the melted #6 piston the first time was changed to the first cyl the second time, and still the #6 melted down the second time, also the first one and the #5 just started to melt, its still got its form but got a little spot where it started to...

I understand that i should have sent the injectros in the frist time it happened, cause the truck never ran like before when cold, but
What i dont get if i really have 3 bad injectors, or if the engine gets too hot on ends...

how much do you need for the red hose_

Old 02-17-2009, 10:20 AM   #46
Opie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Opie, i did not send in the injectors to have them checked and still ran the truck anyway.
The thing is the injector that caused the melted #6 piston the first time was changed to the first cyl the second time, and still the #6 melted down the second time, also the first one and the #5 just started to melt, its still got its form but got a little spot where it started to...

I understand that i should have sent the injectros in the frist time it happened, cause the truck never ran like before when cold, but
What i dont get if i really have 3 bad injectors, or if the engine gets too hot on ends...

how much do you need for the red hose_
The first thought that comes to my mind is electronics.

Engine gets to hot on ends?

Your cost would only be shipping as it is a remenant.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:21 PM   #47
Red Stroke

Name: Red Stroke
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
It will take a little more time to install, but basically it is the same except everything is done on the opposite side of the head.(drivers side) The temp sensor is relocated on a street tee, the bypass bracket if used requires a couple holes to be drilled to pickup the holes.
Any Pics? I assume you are tapping in on the back of the block on the 12 valve? Not to compare your setup to the bypass like Enterprises, but does your system offer benefits over this?
White 01 Superduty, Ex-Cab SB, 4x4, Built 12V Cummins, HTS Billet 47RH, 8" Stack, 796 HP 1300 ft/lbs #2, 1374 HP 2500+ ft/lb on the gas.
What you don't measure, you can't control. What you can't control-you can't improve.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:52 AM   #48
Opie

Member`s Gallery
No the back of the block is not tapped on my bypass on the 12 valve. If that is where your temp sensor is located at for some reason I apologize for my reply on 44. There is no comparison between the two kits all you need to do is read some exsisting threads.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...t=33430&page=3

Old 02-18-2009, 01:19 PM   #49
12valve

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
The first thought that comes to my mind is electronics.

Engine gets to hot on ends?

Your cost would only be shipping as it is a remenant.

meaning air flow retriction on number one and six cylinder.

i had the smarty TNT-R SW9, timing set on default (2) i think it is. might be too advanced. mp8 on 100% i would really love to track down the problem, to stop melting down motors.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #50
Opie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
meaning air flow retriction on number one and six cylinder.

i had the smarty TNT-R SW9, timing set on default (2) i think it is. might be too advanced. mp8 on 100% i would really love to track down the problem, to stop melting down motors.
I don't think its an air flow restriction on one and six. After havings the injectors checked out and if they come back good, the next thing would be to take small steps to figure out what is causing this.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:38 AM   #51
12valve

Member`s Gallery
how should i go about the steps? is it too much rp with mp8 on 100 % ?

quad gauge shows 26500 psi, is it actually making more?

Old 02-19-2009, 09:01 PM   #52
Opie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
how should i go about the steps? is it too much rp with mp8 on 100 % ?

quad gauge shows 26500 psi, is it actually making more?
I make aftermarket parts and try to answer any questions about my parts. This alone leads to having too many of my own problems to take on remote trouble shooting. There must be a shop nearby up to the task...

Old 04-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #53
gsdog1

Name: gsdog1
Title: Professional Novice
Member`s Gallery
What's the best way to install this mod with dual CP3s?

I have the Relentless version.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:00 PM   #54
gsdog1

Name: gsdog1
Title: Professional Novice
Member`s Gallery
Thanks to Tim Barber for the information! Plumb it straight forward on the driver's side of the radiator.

Alls well, no leaks, good to go.

Closed Thread