Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Competition Vehicle Build Tech > Injectables; Water, Meth, Nitrous, Ect.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:49 PM   #41
5.9 Cummins Fan

Name: 5.9 Cummins Fan
Title: Gearhead
Member`s Gallery
Anyone know if this would be a little easier on the engine than nitrous? water is formed with cleans really well, as i inject water now and it looked brand new when i pulled my head to o ring. So its cleans and gives more oxygen, quite a bit more.would really like to see someone try it lol, i don't like to be the guinea pig

Last edited by 5.9 Cummins Fan; 01-18-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:01 AM   #42
RonA

Name: RonA
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
It chemical formula is H2O2 so just mix it up in your intake manifold. All you have to do is put 4 equal sized jets in your intake. Run liquid hydrogen through 2 jets and liquid oxygen into the other 2.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:13 AM   #43
JQmile

Name: JQmile
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
I tried some nitromethane in my engine and...when you actually do it, it seems odd to risk it, just for a few hp, when you can get that with more fuel and air, or nitrous if you need it.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:25 AM   #44
jkretzer

Name: jkretzer
Title: MegaCrank
Member`s Gallery
[QUOTE=some 98 cummins;1344205]Thanks! good info! how much you getting it for by the drum?

i believe it is around 300 a barrel, it is the shipping that runs the price up.

56 chevy shortbed restomod, 2wd, cummins 4bt,
nv4500.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #45
jkidd_39

Name: jkidd_39
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by some 98 cummins View Post
geeze everywhere i go...somebody has to give me crap about that....am i really that bad? i thought my chrome spell checker was working....
Example:

98.5 QCLB, 180 p-pump tuned by Goff. Colt stg 2. 3 piece manifold. HTT 35/40. AirDog I with 40psi spring. Diesel Dynamics injectors. Built tranny with tripple disk, billit input, output and basket. 3.55 gears with 35" tires.
419 @ 90mph at II 8/14/10

Billit = billet.
tripple = triple

if you managed to spell dynamics right without cutting and pasting these other words should be cake.

Good luck.

2005 F-350 King Ranch- Cummins CR convo in progress..
2008 F-450 CCLB - KEM tunes, Elite Studs/EGR w/ wastegate

Old 01-19-2011, 08:49 AM   #46
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
geeze everywhere i go...somebody has to give me crap about that....am i really that bad?
We are just bored. Don't take it personnel.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #47
XLR8R

Name: XLR8R
Title: Crew Chief
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post

No need to involve HR in this... but it's still a good idea not to take it personally!

Old 01-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #48
4x4dually

Member`s Gallery
I'm hoping you knew I typed that on purpose. Actually, I had to type it in and spell check it for "HR" because I wanted to make sure I mis-typed it correctly.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #49
XLR8R

Member`s Gallery
Nice save!

Old 01-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #50
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Only expect the best from Jory!
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 01-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #51
4x4dually

Member`s Gallery
I knew I should have added a disclaimer for a correctly mis-spelled word.

I said what I meant...and I meant what I said..and an elephant faithful...100%.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #52
some 98 cummins

Name: some 98 cummins
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkidd_39 View Post
Example:
Billit = billet.
tripple = triple
if you managed to spell dynamics right without cutting and pasting these other words should be cake.
Good luck.
Jkidd...DieselAutopower.com jkidd? thanks...see if i buy anything from you now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
ya i dont....i like to have a good time and laugh...mixed with useful info...but now i dont want to post anymore because all that gets looked at is my spelling....i know im not the best speller and i dont really care that much...its all about if i can get my point across.
98.5 QCLB, 180 p-pump tuned by Goff. Colt stg 2. 3 piece manifold. HTT 35/40. AirDog I with 40psi spring. Diesel Dynamics injectors. Built tranny with tripple disk, billet input, output and basket. 3.55 gears with 35" tires, soon to be 4.11's
429 uncorrected @ Gillett

Old 01-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #53
some 98 cummins

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkretzer View Post
i believe it is around 300 a barrel, it is the shipping that runs the price up.
ya hazmat is a PITA...but 5.50$ a gal is a lot better price...it would take a long time to go through 55 gal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQmile View Post
I tried some nitromethane in my engine and...when you actually do it, it seems odd to risk it, just for a few hp, when you can get that with more fuel and air, or nitrous if you need it.
ya i wouldn't want to mess with nitro...nasty stuff. i wouldn't be as worried about H202 because its basically water with a higher oxygen content. i do agree more fuel and enough air to be self contained with no spray of any kind would be the best.
98.5 QCLB, 180 p-pump tuned by Goff. Colt stg 2. 3 piece manifold. HTT 35/40. AirDog I with 40psi spring. Diesel Dynamics injectors. Built tranny with tripple disk, billet input, output and basket. 3.55 gears with 35" tires, soon to be 4.11's

Old 01-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #54
some 98 cummins

Member`s Gallery
side note i am very surprised to see some of the big names in my rookie thread...
4X4dually, Zstrokin, Rona, Xlr8r, jkretzer, JQmile....thanks guys for the info and laughs! its nice being able to get to know some of yall.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #55
some 98 cummins

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9 Cummins Fan View Post
Anyone know if this would be a little easier on the engine than nitrous? water is formed with cleans really well, as i inject water now and it looked brand new when i pulled my head to o ring. So its cleans and gives more oxygen, quite a bit more.would really like to see someone try it lol, i don't like to be the guinea pig
since you have O-rings and a water injection setup already i would have to say you would be the perfect guinea pig...just use that same amount of hydrogen peroxide as you would with water and try it. and yes the water steam cleans everything from what i have heard. gets all the carbon off the valves and what not. i would like to see a before and after turbine shot...before water was injected and after xxxx miles using it.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:30 AM   #56
5.9 Cummins Fan

Name: 5.9 Cummins Fan
Title: Gearhead
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
since you have O-rings and a water injection setup already i would have to say you would be the perfect guinea pig...just use that same amount of hydrogen peroxide as you would with water and try it. and yes the water steam cleans everything from what i have heard. gets all the carbon off the valves and what not. i would like to see a before and after turbine shot...before water was injected and after xxxx miles using it.
Haha, well if I wasn't a full time college student and had some extra money I would try it out. Just afraid of breaking something. I'm not sure what concentration would be good to run, I know high concentrations were used as rocket fuel and it decomposes rapidly creating extreme heat, with would not be good if it started to decompose prior to the injection event. Like in your intake manifold. I got to play with some 50 percent hydrogen peroxide in an alternative fuels class, poured it on a pile of sawdust, and when the peroxide started to decompose it created enough heat to start the sawdust on fire. Would take some trial and error efforts from someone with a completely bulletproof engine.....ok ok I'm done blah blah ing

Old 01-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #57
some 98 cummins

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9 Cummins Fan View Post
Haha, well if I wasn't a full time college student and had some extra money I would try it out. Just afraid of breaking something. I'm not sure what concentration would be good to run, I know high concentrations were used as rocket fuel and it decomposes rapidly creating extreme heat, with would not be good if it started to decompose prior to the injection event. Like in your intake manifold. I got to play with some 50 percent hydrogen peroxide in an alternative fuels class, poured it on a pile of sawdust, and when the peroxide started to decompose it created enough heat to start the sawdust on fire. Would take some trial and error efforts from someone with a completely bulletproof engine.....ok ok I'm done blah blah ing
you said "when it started to decompose"...meaning it took some time before it was able to ignite the sawdust correct? how long did it take to get enough heat to start the sawdust? im talking about spraying it in the intake at WFO maybe start injecting at like 30psi of boost. and the stuff is not going to have nearly enough time to start doing anything funny before its burned. i mean think about it theres a huge amount of flow at a high velocity going through the intake of these motors at wide open so the amount of time the stuff actually has in the intake is very small before its pushed into a cylinder.

was this guy teaching the alt. fuels class?

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #58
some 98 cummins

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
It chemical formula is H2O2 so just mix it up in your intake manifold. All you have to do is put 4 equal sized jets in your intake. Run liquid hydrogen through 2 jets and liquid oxygen into the other 2.
i was thinking about this last night at the whole goal is to get more oxygen. hydrogen by itself H2 is a fuel...more like an explosive, and liquid oxygen is explosive, but compressed oxygen isn't. so why not run compressed oxygen through a nitrous system? you would have to regulate the pressure down to 900psi but that might be cheaper than N20...i haven't looked but i cant imagine a big welding bottle of compressed oxy would be very expensive.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #59
XLR8R

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
was this guy teaching the alt. fuels class?

More like the alternative needs class...
H202 prob'ly works fine on the short bus.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:35 AM   #60
some 98 cummins

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8R View Post
More like the alternative needs class...
H202 prob'ly works fine on the short bus.

whats wrong with the short bus? they told me until i could spell "short bus" i had to stay on it...

Closed Thread