Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Introductions.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introductions. Take a moment to Introduce yourself here. Tell us about yourself and your rig!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 09:24 AM   #41
logan1

Name: logan1
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbayes View Post
If that truck does not have a tuner on it, it will be a turd.
It does have an adrenaline diesel tuner on it with an insane number of tunes (10 or so). But I don't think it does anything.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:53 PM   #42
jlbayes

Name: jlbayes
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Likely related to how they have the "tune" setup. It should run pretty well with all those parts.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:12 PM   #43
dieselbeef

Name: dieselbeef
Title: dick doggin
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sleeper View Post
Or just read Gary's dead petal thread and that should help make your decision.

yeah...its good reading ahahahaaaa

I'd lean towards a 12v based on your goals. Less wires, more mechanical linkage. In the end, wires = headaches for the above average shade mechanic.
this..youve got 7.3 for a reason and it isn't cuz theyre so high perf oriented...no electronics seems a common denominator.
too me all you looked at is reamed junk...that 24 v with all those mods already had the piss wrung out of it. he knows something you dont

01 2500 4x4 quad cab all stock/drag comp

07.5 3500 4x4 dually 4 dr 6.7 d&j extreme, fleece cheetah, gorend triple, cat filters,

rip wrongway...

Old 08-25-2017, 02:16 PM   #44
dieselbeef

Name: dieselbeef
Title: dick doggin
Member`s Gallery
that turbo isn't really a high perf option. I went slower than with the silver bullet but it tows a lot better...shouldn't be too laggy or smokey even with those inj...

01 2500 4x4 quad cab all stock/drag comp

07.5 3500 4x4 dually 4 dr 6.7 d&j extreme, fleece cheetah, gorend triple, cat filters,

rip wrongway...

Old 08-25-2017, 02:44 PM   #45
Financial Mistake

Name: Financial Mistake
Member`s Gallery
Don't buy someone's half finished, half a$$ed, project. Try to find the cleanest slate you can find. It'll cost you a little more up front for a stock/stockish truck, but save you tons in the end, in time & money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
P24V, Billet 62/68/14, Billet 475/96/1.32, 27°, Seth's Stg 3 @ 450cc, dual feed, DFI 7x12, Fass240, 110#, 425, p&p/3 angle/oring, ED freeze plugs, BD IC, VP MAX boots, stainless mani, Snow w/m, coolant bypass, CTS2, EAS, POS NV4500, valair quiet dual ceramic

Old 08-25-2017, 05:00 PM   #46
logan1

Member`s Gallery
Ok understood. I'll keep looking for a clean truck.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:34 PM   #47
displacedtexan

Name: displacedtexan
Title: $500 PREMIUM MEMBER
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1 View Post
Well guys I've been looking and test driving trucks this week.

I was shocked yesterday as the low mileage (138K) 1997 cummins 12V listed on craigslist turned out to be a cheater. He bought the truck in 2002 and the title for the truck states that when he bought the truck 15yrs ago it had 130k miles on it. He said that the odometer on the truck stopped working last week. He expected me to believe that the truck was only driven 8K miles over the last 15 years. The truck looked like it had 400K miles on it and the body and motor looked rough. Also it would not turn off with the key; he had installed a fuel choke to turn it off like a tractor.

God! i just wanted to punch the guy in the face for being a lying POS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1 View Post
I test drove a 24V truck. The odometer shows 355K miles but the seller claims the top end was rebuilt 6k miles ago. The truck seems to have just a little blow by once warm. Its not enough to make the oil cap move.

The NV5600 is a little hard to shift. But i only reference is a T56 shifter which is a rather smooth shifter. Also dont know if the dual disk clutch makes it a little stiffer shift. The transmission does not grind or slip.

The truck seems to be in good shape and had decent power but from the list of mods the seller says the truck has I feel like it should be a rocket ship. It does roll coal like crazy during heavy acceleration.

I was able to see the ARP studs, the BD injection pump and the air dog lift pump. but i cannot see the other mods without opening up stuff.

He does not have receipts for the work done or parts purchased. The seller works at a diesel shop and probably just uses parts laying around at the shop.

List of mods is as following:

Airdog 2 G4 165gph lift pump
4 month old BD injection pump
3850 south bend dual disk clutch
Blue Methonal tranny rebuild NV5600
175hp injectors
ARP head studs
Industrial Injections 62-68 turbo
Even is set up for water methanol (missing the in cab display)
5 inch exhaust

The seller is asking for $8000 for the truck. Do you think a $7000 offer is fair?
Are you shopping for a truck on FB CF?

Old 08-26-2017, 09:17 AM   #48
logan1

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedtexan View Post
Are you shopping for a truck on FB CF?
Im sorry but I dont know what FB CF means.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:03 AM   #49
56cummins

Name: 56cummins
Member`s Gallery
bookface cumminsforum is my guess.

Closed Thread