Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Competition Vehicle Build Tech > Extreme Engine Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:25 AM   #41
Kronic_187

Name: Kronic_187
Title: Mekanical injection junky
Member`s Gallery

double overtime is a sick truck////

twice as much if not more to build a D.R.O.F with balls...

the 6.4 is a decent motor. pop the hood... and cry

Lift the cab off the chassis to do a headgasket and studs ? R U F^CKING KIDDING ME ???

COMMON!!!!

the reality of it is... if we want to run one of these newer motors and have everything we want, easy maintaince easy access etc. etc.

we need a standalone ECM, then swap the damn thing into a 90's style body and have all the room in the world... minus all the useless EGR crap etc etc etc.

oh yeah... and while were doing the swap might as well do the bottom end... cuz that's gonna last all of 45 seconds.
NEW MOTOR, OLD BODY, PROBLEM SOLVED

like buddy said.... why must we reinvent the wheel ?? yay somebody blew 4 times as much money to get the same amount of HP i did. straight 6 with a very stout bottom end, built by a company that normally builds industrial engines that get bagged on everyday... vs a diesel V8, with a weak ass bottom end, built by a light vehicle company.... now i know navistar built them sum motors.... but to make them that weak ? IN STOCK TRIM THEY BLOW HEADGASKETS AND CRAP OUT EGR COOLERS !

Last edited by Kronic_187; 02-09-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #42
ACFarmer

Name: ACFarmer
Title: On to the next project
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Jeff View Post
Yes.. Competition diesel is filled with people who want to be second best.... (well technically they're third, behind duramax)
awsome response... I dont understand the mentality of cummins guys sometimes. Yes I own 3 dodges but would rather see a powerstroke take the win...... Heaven forbid your heaven sent cummins get beat by somebody that took a little time and made something that runs better.....

And chris..... how much

Old 02-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #43
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFarmer View Post
Heaven forbid your heaven sent cummins get beat by somebody that took a little time and four times the money, and made something that runs better.....
not everybody is made of money like you

Old 02-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #44
BIGRPOWR

Name: BIGRPOWR
Title: SBTTFMF
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronic_187 View Post

Lift the cab off the chassis to do a headgasket and studs ? R U F^CKING KIDDING ME ???

COMMON!!!!

the reality of it is... if we want to run one of these newer motors and have everything we want, easy maintaince easy access etc. etc.

we need a standalone ECM, then swap the damn thing into a 90's style body and have all the room in the world... minus all the useless EGR crap etc etc etc.

oh yeah... and while were doing the swap might as well do the bottom end... cuz that's gonna last all of 45 seconds.

like buddy said.... why must we reinvent the wheel ?? yay somebody blew 4 times as much money to get the same amount of HP i did. straight 6 with a very stout bottom end, built by a company that normally builds industrial engines that get bagged on everyday... vs a diesel V8, with a weak ass bottom end, built by a light vehicle company.... now i know navistar built them sum motors.... but to make them that weak ? IN STOCK TRIM THEY BLOW HEADGASKETS AND CRAP OUT EGR COOLERS !

i did my studs cab on in about 8 hours. 6.4 is lasting at 900+ rwhp with stock injectors and turbo's... lot of money saved their and a nice truck to boot. definitelt expensive to buy though.
CONTACT US FOR ANYTHING DIESEL RELATED FROM INTAKES TO EXHAUST AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN
800-581-8986

Old 02-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #45
Lucky Jeff

Name: Lucky Jeff
Title: Stock Sucks
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFarmer View Post
awsome response...
Thank you!
02 Grand Cherokee - ummmmm?
http://www.facebook.com/JBrentson

Old 02-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #46
Six_leaker

Name: Six_leaker
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGRPOWR View Post
i did my studs cab on in about 8 hours. 6.4 is lasting at 900+ rwhp with stock injectors and turbo's... lot of money saved their and a nice truck to boot. definitelt expensive to buy though.
With the HP #'s the 6.4L can make with only a few mods........

I just want to see some new game.

Warren Diesel
1300hp fuel only 1758hp spray 6.0l

Old 02-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #47
Lucky Jeff

Name: Lucky Jeff
Title: Stock Sucks
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six_leaker View Post
With the HP #'s the 6.4L can make with only a few mods........

I just want to see some new game.
Isn't the 6.4 pretty much the same thing as a 6.0? I'd be looking toward the new 6.7 instead of messing with the 6.4. Yes I know the 6.4 is doing well. But If Ford has done as well with this new motor as they have with the rest of the fleet recently. The 6.7 should most certainly be the one to look at. Time will tell of course.
02 Grand Cherokee - ummmmm?
http://www.facebook.com/JBrentson

Old 02-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #48
imelmo

Name: imelmo
Title: Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Isn't the 6.4 pretty much the same thing as a 6.0? I'd be looking toward the new 6.7 instead of messing with the 6.4.

Same block and trans (essentially) from what I understand, but heads, fuel system, and just about everything else is different.

The FORDOTA, '86 Toyota reg cab tube chassis to be powered by a 6.0 Powerstroke; finally back in progress

Old 02-10-2010, 01:49 AM   #49
powerstroke586

Name: powerstroke586
Title: Diesel Addict
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Isn't the 6.4 pretty much the same thing as a 6.0? I'd be looking toward the new 6.7 instead of messing with the 6.4. Yes I know the 6.4 is doing well. But If Ford has done as well with this new motor as they have with the rest of the fleet recently. The 6.7 should most certainly be the one to look at. Time will tell of course.
the 6.4 is quite a bit different than the 6.0 i even heard the block was different but that is just what i heard dont quote me on it the 6.4 is alot stronger than a 6.0 and can make power way easier.
Flo pro 4" exhaust w/6" tip
Autometer Cobalt gauges pyro, boost, trans.
Suncoast full race trans.
Ram Air hood.

587hp corrected on Industrial Injections dyno

Old 02-10-2010, 01:58 AM   #50
powerstroke586

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronic_187 View Post

COMMON!!!!

Twice as much eh? For 2k i got over 500 horse and it took 2 hours and im problem free. my truck hasnt blown a headgasket or egr cooler. and if your refering to the 6.0 than yeah they did but there is an easy fix for it studs and egr delete there ya go!
Ram Air hood.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:05 AM   #51
stang789

Name: stang789
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSieck View Post
I've been to plenty of diesel events, and been around tractor pulling my whole life. I know why the cummins is the motor of choice, mostly for their p-pump. But put that mechanical pump on a dmax or psd like some have, they give any cummins a run for their money. Simple as that.
Im with you you p pump a 7.3 then you have some serious power, look at double over time

Old 02-10-2010, 02:40 AM   #52
Isb

Name: Isb
Title: Do you have a "Hines" tbm
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke586 View Post
Well you can be a follower and build a 700-1000hp cummins and be like everyone else out there. Or you can be unique and different and build a 850hp 7.3 that runs 10.8's like zane koch, or have a 1000hp 6.0 like shawn ellerton, or even a 1000hp 7.3 like blowby. or if you wanna get crazy build you a 1500-2000hp sledpullin 7.3 like ben miller or billy zimmer. now those are some trucks that took alot of time, money, patience and definate skill! not that buildin a 700-1000hp cummins is easy and skilless but its somethin that has been done countless times because its the easiest route!
Unique's A$$ .... all Cummin's owner's are "Unique". Different set-up's ie mechanical,fuel systems and so on and so forth. That fit's the definition of "Unique". The only question of being common is the platform!!!! You want "Unique" take a "Deutz 2015" engine, mod it and throw it in a Blue Oval. There, you have "Unique".

Old 02-10-2010, 02:42 AM   #53
Isb

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Nearing View Post
not everybody is made of money like you .... "AcFarmer"

Last edited by Isb; 02-10-2010 at 02:51 AM.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:47 AM   #54
Bustedknuckles

Name: Bustedknuckles
Title: Honey Badger
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Twice as much eh? For 2k i got over 500 horse and it took 2 hours and im problem free. my truck hasnt blown a headgasket or egr cooler. and if your refering to the 6.0 than yeah they did but there is an easy fix for it studs and egr delete there ya go!
Studs an a egr delete an "easy fix" on a 6.0 my a$$!

Old 02-10-2010, 02:52 AM   #55
powerstroke586

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isb View Post
Unique's A$$ .... all Cummin's owner's are "Unique". Different set-up's ie mechanical,fuel systems and so on and so forth. That fit's the definition of "Unique". The only question of being common is the platform!!!! You want "Unique" take a "Deutz 2015" engine, mod it and throw it in a Blue Oval. There, you have "Unique".
i wouldnt say all of them are unique there are some guys with unique setups i see alot of trucks with pretty much the same setups. but what im sayin unique wise is you dont see alot of powerstrokes done up with alot of power so when you see one its unique and different.

That would be very unique and thats exactly what im talkin about thats somethin you would stop and be like hell yeah i wanna see that run!
Ram Air hood.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:57 AM   #56
Bustedknuckles

Name: Bustedknuckles
Title: Honey Badger
Member`s Gallery
I agree with what your sayin but the reason you dont see alot of crazy pstrokes is because of the money it takes to make them badass. If u got money go for it but the average guy wants somthin reasonably cheap and reliable with a good power to expense ratio which is why the cummins is so popular.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:10 AM   #57
Isb

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustedknuckles View Post
I agree with what your sayin but the reason you dont see alot of crazy pstrokes is because of the money it takes to make them badass. If u got money go for it but the average guy wants somthin reasonably cheap and reliable with a good power to expense ratio which is why the cummins is so popular.
Exactly, Cummin's is the chevy sb of the diesel world. Which lots of cat's can't stand. So they have to be "Unique". To all "Uniquer's" how is that "Unique Obie-Wan-Kenobi" doing for you. That is where unique get's us.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:19 AM   #58
powerstroke586

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustedknuckles View Post
exactly it takes alot of money with the exception of the 6.4. but there are guys that have the money to do it and dont they just fall in line and go with the cummins

and ISB i said the exact same thing you just did a few posts ago. i know why people go with the cummins and im not arguing that part all im sayin is i would rather see a high powered 7.3,6.0, or 6.4 than a high powered cummins just cause the shear time and patience and dedication it takes
Ram Air hood.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:23 AM   #59
imelmo

Name: imelmo
Title: Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
the 6.4 is quite a bit different than the 6.0 i even heard the block was different but that is just what i heard dont quote me on it the 6.4 is alot stronger than a 6.0 and can make power way easier.
Actually, the 6.4 is NOT a lot stronger than a 6.0 (although that sounds pretty funny coming from someone that recently blew a 6.0 up ). The 6.0 bottom end is very stout. You don't hear of very many failures in that area, just head/gasket issues.

The FORDOTA, '86 Toyota reg cab tube chassis to be powered by a 6.0 Powerstroke; finally back in progress

Old 02-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #60
ACFarmer

Name: ACFarmer
Title: On to the next project
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Nearing View Post
not everybody is made of money like you
hahahahaha..... you dont farm do you? Its called doing your own work and not paying somebody else to build your truck for you....... Made of money...... I could be made of money if you want to send me the money to pay my farm payment on December 31st every year

Closed Thread