4020 took a dump. Ideas?

Ive been driving a 4250, 4450, and 4455 for the past two years working for my boss. I think he has had more problems with the 55 than the other two. Electronic dash and what not. Seeing that the drivetrain is identical in all of them i don't see the reason in buying the newer. Just saying..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Some people just don't know any better....and those people drive green and yellow.

Jory, I don't know of anything off hand, but if you need anything yell. I may be able to find you parts reasonable.
Chris

Thank you sir. I still have your cell number as long as it is still the same. ;)

I do need a power steering pump for a 1989 GMC 7000 Detroit 6.2L with air if anyone has a lead. Local diesel repair shop said, "um, we can't find anything. "

Ive been driving a 4250, 4450, and 4455 for the past two years working for my boss. I think he has had more problems with the 55 than the other two. Electronic dash and what not. Seeing that the drivetrain is identical in all of them i don't see the reason in buying the newer. Just saying..

agree less electronics makes a more reliable tractor. but the 30 40 series are just worn out anymore and 50 series are getting close. been looking for a decent 440 and and its proving impossible for a decent priced one. What people pay for 20-30 year old tractor is insane

I do believe i just found a new Sig quote. Lol

I'd say come over tonight and we'll look into the tractor....but I gotta go wire a barn at 86 and 51. The new army surplus building. Maybe sometime Saturday if you are out and about. I need help pulling it up to the house. It is dead down by the working chutes.

If you are traveling 51 later this evening, stop by the new barn. Park around back. The overhead door will be open.

Last edited:
I found a burnt up 4230 i have been thinking about buying. Cab burnt everything else is good.

Ill call you when Im off work. And ya id toss the cab. Lol

Thank you sir. I still have your cell number as long as it is still the same. ;)

I do need a power steering pump for a 1989 GMC 7000 Detroit 6.2L with air if anyone has a lead. Local diesel repair shop said, "um, we can't find anything. "

Absolutely is. Had it since 1999, can't change now.

Call anytime.
Chris

All states sells a complete kit for a 4020. Between $1150 and $1300 depending on serial number and whether or not you want crank seals etc

Sent from my flashscan v2

I'm sure Abiline Machine has the kits....but after some of the stuff I've bought from them, I doubt I buy any more. Their quality is horrible.

jori if you get serious about the motor rebuild and or a patch up and need help let me know ill be in and out for the next week but then ill be in stilly for the weekends and ks on the week days

There is a super clean powershift 4555 mfwd for sale near me, 1432hrs on it for a mere 75,000bucks!!! Damm nice tractor but that's a lot of coin. lol

Back