Hamilton cam test

Rick sent me a couple more graphs...

4d6b994f.jpg

eb47df5f.jpg

Great info and test, I have been looking at buying a new cam. I guess the question I have is this was in his race truck, what would that do in a more tame truck? I am looking to have good towing, fuel economy and some power. So would the stage 2 or the stage 3 be better?

I will have 60# springs, 4K GSK, port matched honed exhaust, twins (stock with something like a HX60) slightly larger injectors...

Thanks in advance, sorry for a slight hyjack I am newer on this forum and it will not let me PM yeat and it seems like the people who know their stuff are here talking about the cam I am looking at.

Do a better set of springs before you spend money on a cam.

The cam will work just as well in your truck as it does in a race truck. It works well from just off idle to about 4300ish depending on head, turbo and pump. It will decrease egt and smoke, will help spoolup and will make the power band much flatter and longer.

Zach

You know best, I just figured I may as well do it now while I have the entire engine apart and on a stand. I do not have a big budget so skipping the cam would help on that.

Call us and I will see if we have anything in the scratch and dent pile that can get you into both on the cheap.

With the cam and no springs, you will spool better then when it get's rocking and rolling, you will float the valves, and have reversion in a big way.

With the springs and no cam, you will spool like stock and then you will have solid power as far as you can rev.

Do them both and you will be a happy camper. 60# are only good for stock trucks with exhaust brakes.

Back