Hey Milliken....

Very cool, hope it goes well for you. I am curious to see how it runs. It seems like diesel stuff never keeps up on the same playing field with gasoline stuff. The horsepower curves are just so different it seems hard to ET well with a diesel

What's a competitive time for the class, didn't the truck run in the 5.30's at 4500lbs, what do you think the weight of the car will be. Thanks for the updates!

Hopefully I get to see this thing in person looks awesome! Any idea of events youre trying to make?

Very cool, hope it goes well for you. I am curious to see how it runs. It seems like diesel stuff never keeps up on the same playing field with gasoline stuff. The horsepower curves are just so different it seems hard to ET well with a diesel

I agree that gearing and power curve is going to be a challenge, especially with trap mph. With a 3.0 rear gear, 89" rollout and direct in the trans I can go 155mph at 5500rpm which is a very acceptable MPH for either of the gas classes I want to enter and I can only hope that my torque will pull me through the 330' and let me get a lead on them before the gas turbo entries MPH around me with their horsepower mountain that never stops climbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What's a competitive time for the class, didn't the truck run in the 5.30's at 4500lbs, what do you think the weight of the car will be. Thanks for the updates!

My goal is 4.60's first year out. There's a lot of weight to be lost in the car yet, both car itself and switching to an aluminum block but the car itself has 4.20's in it with enough power and power management.

Hopefully I get to see this thing in person looks awesome! Any idea of events youre trying to make?

All of the ODSS events, lights out and no mercy, both of the diesel thunders, a few gas races here & there.

All of the ODSS events, lights out and no mercy, both of the diesel thunders, a few gas races here & there.

On TV with the street outlaws!? Always thought it'd be neat to see a diesel on there, no idea what their cars run though. I know it's mostly staged, but there are still some nice cars on there. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I may have missed it earlier, but are you running a powerglide? Turboglide? Lockup? All the work/wiring done so far looks immaculate.

On TV with the street outlaws!? Always thought it'd be neat to see a diesel on there, no idea what their cars run though. I know it's mostly staged, but there are still some nice cars on there. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

I filmed with them last summer, going on air soon when the N.O. season two kicks back up... spoiler... a big tire pro street diesel converted to small tire to run on the street does great 1/8 mile rolling burnouts... perhaps that ass whipping was a major driving factor in the purchase of this car...

I may have missed it earlier, but are you running a powerglide? Turboglide? Lockup? All the work/wiring done so far looks immaculate.

Decided on a lockup TH400 "turboglide" leaving in 1.40 2nd gear with a 10.5" lockup converter put together and massaged of course by SunCoast.

I filmed with them last summer, going on air soon when the N.O. season two kicks back up... spoiler... a big tire pro street diesel converted to small tire to run on the street does great 1/8 mile rolling burnouts... perhaps that ass whipping was a major driving factor in the purchase of this car...

That's cool, may show my racing ignorance, but why did you "have to" swap to small tire?

Decided on a lockup TH400 "turboglide" leaving in 1.40 2nd gear with a 10.5" lockup converter put together and massaged of course by SunCoast.

Great choice, but I bet you end up liking the leave better with a 2.10 low. I use to leave some in 2nd in Bone Shaker (1.48) but 60' suffered a lot over leaving in low. Either way a lock up 2.10 brake 400 will be the ticket. Good luck to you.
Ryan

Great choice, but I bet you end up liking the leave better with a 2.10 low. I use to leave some in 2nd in Bone Shaker (1.48) but 60' suffered a lot over leaving in low. Either way a lock up 2.10 brake 400 will be the ticket. Good luck to you.

Ryan

2.10 would likely kick the tires off. On the pro street truck the harder I loaded it with gear and left with more power, the faster and more repeatable 60' it would do

You should be quick, I 60' reg. 1.09 at 2700 lbs, 12v/th400. You have a Ton more power than I did. 60s at 4500 lbs was 1.32

Back