Tag trailer big enough for EC LWB?

Less tongue weight is not good. Get more truck! 10-15% for bumper pull...period.

Truth. If you haven't seen this....you need to. :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jk9H5AB4lM"]Trailer weight distribution - YouTube[/ame]

Got passed by a 1/2 ton pulling a 30' travel trailer a while back. It started the oscillating in front of us. We both thought it was going to turn over and we were going to drive right through the sum beotch. I wanted to get out and beat the guys ass.

You'll be fine with a bumper pull. If you're really worried about swaying put a weight dist hitch with an anti sway bar on. Besides if you travel with your family the topper makes it nice to protect things you don't want to put in the cab

The only one that gets it so far. :thankyou2:

The only one that gets it so far. :thankyou2:

Yup. Back the truck on and like said above. I have a 20' pj with a beaver tail. An my eclb 98 fit on it fine and my half ton pulled it no problem. But I'm in the business of pulling 100k lb plus lol 8000lb is a cake walk. 20' imo isn't long enough though if you wanna do it often.

Weight distribution hitch is a band aid. Design and load trailer right. The actually induce as much sway because they lower tongue weight as the correct by the offset of the pivot points.

My dad had a 16k gvwr 18+2 deckover Hudson I'd borrow when I lived at home. Now I only had RCLB but I'd back it all the way up against the tool box on the front, towed like a dream. You'll need longer than 20' for sure and of you want to pull it on at least a 25' to be able to keep weight back far enough to ride decent.

Something nobody has mention, is the width of your truck. Measure outside tire to outside tire on your front axle. Most trailers with fenders will measure 80-81". Your truck will measure maybe 86-88", depending on tire size. I may be off on numbers, but the truck will be wider than between the trailer fenders. You will need a deck over trailer, a trailer with removable fenders or some make drive over fenders, but not much tire will be on each drive over fender. That would require you to build some drive over fender ramps that fit inside of the trailer fenders, which will take up some floor space.

Something nobody has mention, is the width of your truck. Measure outside tire to outside tire on your front axle. Most trailers with fenders will measure 80-81". Your truck will measure maybe 86-88", depending on tire size. I may be off on numbers, but the truck will be wider than between the trailer fenders. You will need a deck over trailer, a trailer with removable fenders or some make drive over fenders, but not much tire will be on each drive over fender. That would require you to build some drive over fender ramps that fit inside of the trailer fenders, which will take up some floor space.

Exactly why I sold my old one and got a deck-over. I loved the steel floor and full length running boards....but the fenders got old really fast. They were never wide enough for anything.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00011.jpg
    DSC00011.jpg
    660.1 KB · Views: 0
Is that like a trailer park, the neighbor has a trailer too!

Attachments

• DSC00011.jpg
    DSC00011.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Back