USA-EAST 2013 "Rules Meeting"

Found this on Fpp Facebook page. "The highly popular 'Run What Ya Brung' 4x4 Truck class will take on a whole new dimension in 2013. It will truly become an OPEN Modified Truck class complete with Super Chargers (blowers) - Nitrous Oxide (NOS) - stretched wheelbases and triple turbo-charged diesels. Rules are still being formulated - but this is going to be WILD!!!!! "

I hope this class happens. I dont believe there is even final rules for this class. Kinda hard to make and or sell the class to fairboards if there is no trucks??

I hope this class happens. I dont believe there is even final rules for this class. Kinda hard to make and or sell the class to fairboards if there is no trucks??

It's the "noise" class....:D That's all ya need to know :D

How's your truck coming?

Amendments:

1) hood stacks legal. (no one opposed)

2) Hand throttles legal. (one opposing vote)

3) Stayed with "Reese style" hitch meaning the cross tube should load the frame near the end of the frame rails. No drawbar style hitches that move the chassis loading point to directly above the rear axle. Long discussion ensued.

4) asked for MORE plug checking of inducer bores to keep people honest. Pullers should be prepared to remove the intakes to make teching quick.

5) 4-wheel hydraulic brakes must be fully functional on all trucks, needs tech attention because apparently some competitors could not follow this rule in 2012.

Did I miss anything?

Definatly liked hearing about these...

Current USA-EAST Rule Book reads as follows:

Steering: The vehicle must retain the full, original OEM steering gear. The vehicle must retain the original OEM power steering assistance, if it was so equipped. Additional stabilizers are permitted. Non-OEM power assist methods are prohibited.

Current USA-EAST Rule Book reads as follows:

Steering: The vehicle must retain the full, original OEM steering gear. The vehicle must retain the original OEM power steering assistance, if it was so equipped. Additional stabilizers are permitted. Non-OEM power assist methods are prohibited.

I get that I guess I should have just asked if you would change the rule for this year? It doesn't add any power, its not a mandatory item required to win, and the crowd can't tell when it goes down the track. I wanted to email RJ but I couldn't find his email on your site so I hope it's ok that it's brought up here.

My 2-bit thoughts...

1. PPL rules allow it. So any COTPC guys that run it won't be legal....so they either won't come to FPP events, or they'll run it anyways and folks will end up arguing about it.

2. With hand throttles allowed, there is only going to be one hand on the wheel...so if the steering wheel decides it's going left real quick, then we have a precarious situation potentially. It would seem that the hydro assist would only increase safety for either type of throttle, but moreso for the hand throttle guys. As the power and tire size goes up, there seems to be more reports of the steering getting more sketchy.

I don't see where legalizing it is a negative.

My 2-bit thoughts...

1. PPL rules allow it. So any COTPC guys that run it won't be legal....so they either won't come to FPP events, or they'll run it anyways and folks will end up arguing about it.

2. With hand throttles allowed, there is only going to be one hand on the wheel...so if the steering wheel decides it's going left real quick, then we have a precarious situation potentially. It would seem that the hydro assist would only increase safety for either type of throttle, but moreso for the hand throttle guys. As the power and tire size goes up, there seems to be more reports of the steering getting more sketchy.

I don't see where legalizing it is a negative.

Good point on #2 I overlooked that.

But PPL also allows alot of other things such as hitch, fuel out front, batterys, and a gutted cab.

don't know about the others, but FPP held a meeting for all 'members' back in October of 2012. everyone had a chance to voice their opinion on the '13 rules and votes were taken at that time. our rules were published a month later. if you want changes --- be a member and be there in October of '13.

Ok, thanks anyway. I wasn't able to attend and it didn't get brought up like I hoped. Hopefully I'm coordinated enough to handle the hand throttle!!

don't know about the others, but FPP held a meeting for all 'members' back in October of 2012. everyone had a chance to voice their opinion on the '13 rules and votes were taken at that time. our rules were published a month later. if you want changes --- be a member and be there in October of '13.

And you are correct in saying this

Back