Cast wet 24v heads are finally here

Texashighways

Comp Diesel Sponsor
We are testing them this week.

20170517_163230_zpsbex0cy5j.jpg

Because I don't follow the 24 valve crew much. What does a heavily ported 24 valve head flow on the bench?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not on the prototypes because we have to buy about 25,000 lbs of material for special non oem material

I would guess a NiCr alloy element would be beneficial. Better strength at higher temps, and warping / cracking resistance... But I'm no expert. Just a welder, lol.

So is this testing flow bench ? Or are you going to do head only swaps on complete engines with dyno pulls ?... Either way, video would be awesome.

With our tooling, if nickel gets too high, parts of yge head can solidify before casting if finished. We are pushing envelope within reason on material and cost.

Blocks will have 10-13% more tensile strength.

Roi on vp blocks would never let me break even probably. :/

Also the head is based on a 6.7l. My goal is that 1200hp builds will never need a ported head. Heads will be flowed and dynoed against a ported oem 6.7l head today and tomorrow

Last edited:
How much do you like that pig. :cheer:
Been a fine pig! Going on 9-1/2 years of faithful service right now! I'm just fairly sure that if I ever have to pull the head, it's probably cracked all around the valves like most of them. But a truck like mine would never spin fast enough to truly take advantage of a head like this I think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back