$500 bet

I havent ever drove the 6.4 with any help, but it sure sucks stock. I have driven a couple of them with nothing done,, dosent feel like anything is happening. I didnt like it at all after I drove 1

Kevin

Another thing about the rolling start is that the cummins might be spooled up but the ford already has one thats spooled up.. i'd have to say the powerjoke.. till it blows a gasket or egr cooler:hehe:

watch out for "holy radiators" ha! but if it's 5speed vs ford auto i'm going to have to say ford:(

Ford hands down in any race. I've driven a few and they are fast. A stock 6.4 is as fast or faster than my truck, and its an auto also!

haha yeah the banks is amazing.:hehe::hehe: but ill tell him not to bet his money! i personally have never riden in a 08. i have heard they are slow but ill tell him not to risk it now haha.

With a good shifter, like Banshee or Jeff Prince, I think the Dodge would win both races. Those hybrid 35/40's can be fueled to 500 HP, add in the Dodge's huge weight advantage and figure that the Ford is gonna run mid 14's in the quarter, I think the Dodge can win.

In retrospect, if some punk 16 yr old kid that's been shifting gears for 1 year drives the dodge, it could lose to a stock Kia.

haha well my friend is 19 hes not tht great at shifting but itll be fun to watch if they do it. ill make sure a video it for you guys if it happens.

With enough tuning and a decent clutch there is no reason the dodge cant win, unless your buddy cant drive. 4k's would help though........

with a custom spartan tune DPF delete these things are beasts.

banks is junk imho I don't like any of there products other than the technicooler.

as for blowing a gasket or egr cooler.. I don't think 6.4s have that problem either. there quite beefier than the 6.0 and commonrail.

Theres no way a 6.4 with just a banks chip will run a mid 14.

My brother's 6.0 with an edge juice ran a low 15 in the quarter with an auto.
For some perspective, my truck ran a 15.5 with just a 0 plate and exhaust/intake with a stock clutch.
Theres no reason the cummins shouldnt win.

If its from a dead stop, to level the field the ford can't be in gear until the launch, and the guy in the dodge must learn to launch properly in 3rd gear. The double disc clutch can handle it. He'll have to have picture perfect shifts but the DD clutch will slow the shifts down just a little. But he might have a chance. However if the ford is in gear and can pre-spool under load, the dodge is dead.

Rolling start: tough call. The ford might still have him.

But I don't race regularly, so my opinion is pretty useless!

-Jay

:doh: I don't get why people keep claiming these Fords are "slow" or any newer stock diesel truck for that matter. For stock trucks they go pretty good.

if that 3850 sbc is a daul disk i dont see why he couldnt put it in 4wd 3rd gear and build some boost doing a lil foot work and get a pretty good launch and grab those two gears?

Back