code p1211????????????

txastuff79 said:
injector control pressure too high/low... what can cause this? need help. thanks

thomas
Do you have a chip? If so its calling for more than your stock hpop can handle

^^^ What he said.

ICP is the amount of oil delivered to your injectors by the high pressure oil pump.
With any kind of hot program on a chip, the stock HPOP can often not keep up with the demand of the chip. When this happens ICP falls "below" the desired level commanded by the program, and the engine throws this fault code.
For example my HPOP in a stock setting on the chip would hold 2800psi, just like it's supposed to, put the chip in even an 80 setting however and the ICP would dip down to 2000 or even 1900 psi, and almost max out IPR duty cycle at 85% (meaning the pump was working very hard trying to keep up).

The answer is to have your tuner turn down the ICP, or simply run a lesser program (no fun!).
An even better alternative is "big oil". Adding a second HPOP to your stocker will keep up with any program and any injectors you want to run without throwing this code.

Check out www.terminatorengineering.com for the HPOS (high pressure oil system). That will solve your code gauranteed. :)

thats what i was afraid of. guess im going to big oil. didnt plan to and was hoping not to but oh well. thanks guys.

You don't HAVE to get an hpos (if you can live with the light) but I'd bet you'll be very happy once you do. I've got a Terminator on mine (the latest and greatest version).

GREGROB said:
^^^ What he said.

ICP is the amount of oil delivered to your injectors by the high pressure oil pump.
With any kind of hot program on a chip, the stock HPOP can often not keep up with the demand of the chip. When this happens ICP falls "below" the desired level commanded by the program, and the engine throws this fault code.
For example my HPOP in a stock setting on the chip would hold 2800psi, just like it's supposed to, put the chip in even an 80 setting however and the ICP would dip down to 2000 or even 1900 psi, and almost max out IPR duty cycle at 85% (meaning the pump was working very hard trying to keep up).

The answer is to have your tuner turn down the ICP, or simply run a lesser program (no fun!).
An even better alternative is "big oil". Adding a second HPOP to your stocker will keep up with any program and any injectors you want to run without throwing this code.

Check out www.terminatorengineering.com for the HPOS (high pressure oil system). That will solve your code gauranteed. :)

Just so I understand what you're saying correctly. When I see this code pop up on hard accelerations on Pgm 2 (Edge Evolution 2) then I shouldn't even think about running Pgm 3 until I get an additional HPOP, huh?

That sucks. I wish I had known that before I bought the programmer. Oh, well I guess that's why there are great forums like Competition Diesel.

It sounds to me like the stock HPOP is a little lacking in performance.

Back