Winter Meltdown no-prep Larry B verses Shawn E

Had some buddies invite me up to that event with them. Passed it up for work... Should have gone !!
Been following Larry's progress for years. Always liked watching that flatbed run.

Yessir, Larry has been racing diesels pretty heavily for a long time. Just never built an all out race truck so he isnt as well known. Let me know next time yall come to the track in SA we can always use a hand pushing our junk back on the trailer. LMAO

It took like the whole TSD crew, Our whole crew, and John Gilbert from SD to get my broke turd pushed in the trailer at MS Diesel Thunder. LOL

Had some buddies invite me up to that event with them. Passed it up for work... Should have gone !!
Been following Larry's progress for years. Always liked watching that flatbed run.

Larry is a super cool guy, and not one to have a big head about someone else's hurt feelings. I actually wrote an article about his truck back in the day...

One Wicked 800 HP 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Work Truck

Info is outdated (I think he runs 10s now) but it does have purdy pictures ;)

And now this BS...

No 4x4s allowed

6be0f7e7cc87c96f54a2b2dd7f248ca8.jpg

c994fd728d85c45b12989314d2449579.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Its funny Asian runs his awd SUV with a hellcat at some of these events. I think firepunk should take the s10 to some of there events and run with them. I mean I think it would hang with half of the guys on street outlaws no prep. Don't get me wrong I watch the show cuz I like drag racing but I wish somebody would get a diesel in there that will run with these guys. I don't know tony rizzi and don't mean this in a bad way but, he is gonna have to do something different cuz every run on the show he's been in hasn't been a very stupendous pass. They should let Larry run with 4x4 its stupid they make rules because there scared and don't think its right for a 7000 pound diesel to outrun there purpose built drag cars. Myself personally I think they should get use to it cause diesels are coming to the gas drag world.

Milliken ran his truck against those guys, After watching that race it put it in perspective how fast those cars really are. Those guys pull power all the time to get there car to hook up on no prep tracks. 4x4 does have a traction advantage, ill give them that... But come on, A 7000lb work truck with a turbo or two that runs on diesel and goes to work everyday spanking these guys is awesome (comical) then to not get invited back shows the butt hurt... The guy with the the flatbed should show up to the race anyway with a t-shirt reading MY DIESEL BEATER HURT YOUR FEELINGS... or something like that.....Open to t- shirt sayings guys, lets hear them…….lol

Milliken ran his truck against those guys, After watching that race it put it in perspective how fast those cars really are. Those guys pull power all the time to get there car to hook up on no prep tracks. 4x4 does have a traction advantage, ill give them that... But come on, A 7000lb work truck with a turbo or two that runs on diesel and goes to work everyday spanking these guys is awesome (comical) then to not get invited back shows the butt hurt... The guy with the the flatbed should show up to the race anyway with a t-shirt reading MY DIESEL BEATER HURT YOUR FEELINGS... or something like that.....Open to t- shirt sayings guys, lets hear them…….lol

Exactly, we have a long way to go against a 4000hp 2500lb car with TONs of electronics for traction control. Those guys dont care what you have, its the local cry babies with beaters that are against. As always the azzhole with the biggest mouth.

Larry has zero interest in arguing with anybody, he just wants to race.

Somewhere up there is a comment about diesels running alongside some street outlaw no-prep guys. I have witnessed more than one of the no-prep cars going into the 3's on DRs and a well prepped track.

No diesels with doors are doing that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It's still laughable that they are griping about an index race. Who cares what runs what. You have to make the index... Doesn't matter if it's a 747 vs a moped, the first one across the line without breaking out, is the winner. A heads up racer has to work to be an index racer. It takes more skill that just getting down the track.
It's not the 4x4 they are pissed about, it's Larry.

It's still laughable that they are griping about an index race. Who cares what runs what. You have to make the index... Doesn't matter if it's a 747 vs a moped, the first one across the line without breaking out, is the winner. A heads up racer has to work to be an index racer. It takes more skill that just getting down the track.
It's not the 4x4 they are pissed about, it's Larry.
Exactly, and that's the big issue that's being overlooked. It was an index race. They got be by a better driver, who had their vehicle dialed in.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back