9 second wall and advice to help bust through............

honestly his combo seems air limited. He left a damned thick coal train before he kicked the rack back. Now he kicked the rack back shed some weight and went his qwickest. He either needs air improvements or dare I say it in this fuel only group: he needs nitrous. (Turbo in a bottle)*nx*:woohoo:

I agree, definitely seems air limited. Just wondering if there's anything to be gained with a cleaner injection event, maybe you could better use the air it already has, anything to keep it off the bottle

It's either getting that turbine modification I talked to you about, or a external gate. Or maybe both.

Nothing wrong with stock size lines, wonder if you'd see a difference using 7mm DVs and the plate slide a little more. You could get roughly the same fuel output but I'd think the 7mm would have a cleaner injection event than full cuts.

Every truck we have dyno'd with heavy smoke rolling from the exhaust (plenty of fuel) has picked up power dropping down from a full cut, 7mm, or comp cut to a 191dv. Every truck we have dyno'd with a light to medium haze on 191's has picked up power going to a 7mm, comp cut, or full cut.

I honestly think a 191 DV will help. And a bigger housing on the 485. If a bigger turbine wheel could be economically swapped into the 485, that would help as well, unfortunately, it won't be economical.

It's either getting that turbine modification I talked to you about, or a external gate. Or maybe both.

Is bumping up to an 87mm turbine off the table?

Every truck we have dyno'd with heavy smoke rolling from the exhaust (plenty of fuel) has picked up power dropping down from a full cut, 7mm, or comp cut to a 191dv. Every truck we have dyno'd with a light to medium haze on 191's has picked up power going to a 7mm, comp cut, or full cut.

Out of curiosity have you tried dialing the fuel back with the plate on those trucks with full cuts or 7mms to see if they pick up roughly the same power that switching to a 191 does?

Same question with adding fuel to a truck running 191s, I'm assuming the plate is all the way forward in most of those cases though.

I honestly think a 191 DV will help. And a bigger housing on the 485. If a bigger turbine wheel could be economically swapped into the 485, that would help as well, unfortunately, it won't be economical.

Well 191's it is, I'll call and order a set later if you have them in stock.

I would like to ask you a couple questions on cam support dealio..... :poke:

Is bumping up to an 87mm turbine off the table?

Out of curiosity have you tried dialing the fuel back with the plate on those trucks with full cuts or 7mms to see if they pick up roughly the same power that switching to a 191 does?

Same question with adding fuel to a truck running 191s, I'm assuming the plate is all the way forward in most of those cases though.

Yes, we have tried dialing back the fuel and usually 191's still made more power vs dailed back full cut. If we had a nice datalogger on those vehicles, I'll bet we could see differences in turbine inlet (drive pressure) or something that changes for the positive with the 191's crisper stop of injection.

Getting closer, still don't have the 9. the lightweight brakes may have given me a little more mph. The truck was hooking good with a poor 60'. It may be time to get the converter looked at.

timeslip.jpg

0E9E098F-723E-4394-95A6-63E11A4FDCE3.jpg

5AD0EB78-7AFE-419C-8C0F-E2ACA94D3E66.jpg

ED784C3C-D2BB-4C41-B645-A5175884A937.jpg

IMG_6838.jpg

:rockwoot: Phucking bout gawddamned time!!!!! :rockwoot:

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Attachments

• IMG-20190802-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20190802-WA0012.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20190802-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20190802-WA0013.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20190802-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20190802-WA0014.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 0
Will, The changes that were made from my 10.1x pass were a stock stall converter that I cant spool my chargers with and I went from 35* of timing to 32.5* (timing taken with a light).I pulled the timing because I couldn't spool at all with 35*. I think my 2500 stall converter may have been hurt, It was staging above 3k and could have been slipping lockup or just robbing power im not sure. Prior to the 10.1x pass I did the lightweight brake kit and this may have helped also... Or just a combination of everything. Im getting my old converter fixed and hopefully I can get my 1.4x or better 60'. I was surprised and very happy to get 3- 9 second passes with each one getting faster. When I hit the 9.89 I was told to get a license, so that's next... Thanks for the support guys...

OHHH and Jeff had me go from 55psi fuel pressure to 75psi....don't want to forget that LOL... Thanks buddy

BA52F347-03C9-4EDF-9FF8-C28EBB8FA4EB.jpg

9 89 pass - YouTube

Back