Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #141
97rada

Name: 97rada
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
this is the definition of crazy fab work

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #142
Cummins016spd

Name: Cummins016spd
Title: Justin
Member`s Gallery
Hey when you get a chance post a pic of your battery and air filter, how u mounted it and all that, I been wanting to do the same just haven't got around to it, or the idea to do it yet...thanks

Old 07-24-2011, 10:25 PM   #143
bsmith

Name: bsmith
Title: Never enough
Member`s Gallery
I love this build!

Don't worry about the drivability of the ppump. Id do mine over again in a heartbeat, no regrets. Yeah it takes a little tuning but its not that bad.

RIP DEX

2001 2500 2wd
Diesel pro's cam
Walbro 392
Goff diesel injection
160hp pump
6x.013's by Weston
HTT 62/71/13 over FI 82/92/1.10
Levi's turbo blankets!

Old 07-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #144
Tx_Roper

Name: Tx_Roper
Title: Texan
Member`s Gallery
That jeep is awesome! 42" TSL's?

If you need me to test any of the parts you build just let me know!

Old 07-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #145
dag4566

Name: dag4566
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Awesome build...

Old 07-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #146
AsTroSS

Name: AsTroSS
Title: problems start @80 psi
Member`s Gallery

You have skills and time...

Old 09-16-2014, 12:06 AM   #147
SWALLDOG

Name: SWALLDOG
Member`s Gallery
So a little update on this. Work has been super busy. The wife and I had our first little girl almost a year ago. In the last 18 months I've only put 3000 miles on the truck. I've just been slacking. I did pick up a '95 2wd single cab that I've been driving. It's my commuter. Had an auto, swapped a manual.

Anyways went to get my silver truck registered a few months ago. The place I go got a new safety inspector and he was unsure about my air springs in the front. Pretty typical, most inspectors are scared of anything out of the ordinary. So my next options was either find another inspector who has a better understanding or have the highway patrol sign off on it. After talking to the highway patrol when they sign off on it I get a letter so I don't have to deal w this every year. The problem is I have to take the truck to them to sign it off. Well I thought I better tie up some loose ends before going into the Lions den.

I decided to build a fab front bumper. Put the sport one on the '95. That way I could move my front axle forward 2.5" and give me more clearance between the cab and front tires. So I built some new lower control arms 2.5" longer. Made them a little more simple.

uploadfromtaptalk1410843952723.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1410843978834.jpg

Old 09-17-2014, 11:11 PM   #148
Jl12valve

Name: Jl12valve
Title: unfaithful CF user
Member`s Gallery
Such an awesome build, just read through every page. You do some crazy awesome fab work! Thanks for sharing your build.

Old 09-18-2014, 04:37 AM   #149
RDPsmoker

Name: RDPsmoker
Title: OUT TO LUNCH..
Member`s Gallery
Crazy fab skills!! Love the build man!! Little ones take up a lot of time but well worth it.............. Most days
-DPC
-SUNCOAST
03 3500
-Stock for now

Old 03-21-2015, 03:17 PM   #150
12vanthony

Name: 12vanthony
Title: No idea what Im doing
Member`s Gallery
Subbing so I can read later!
'97 12v #2 Under Construction
'92 12v chip truck SOLD
'97 12v deceased

Old 10-25-2017, 09:27 AM   #151
SWALLDOG

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jl12valve View Post
Such an awesome build, just read through every page. You do some crazy awesome fab work! Thanks for sharing your build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDPsmoker View Post
Crazy fab skills!! Love the build man!! Little ones take up a lot of time but well worth it.............. Most days
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12vanthony View Post
Subbing so I can read later!
Thanks guys!

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Old 10-25-2017, 09:38 AM   #152
SWALLDOG

Member`s Gallery
Man I have been slacking on this truck. I don't think it's been started in almost 2 years. I haven't really driven it in 4 years. My oldest just turned 4 and she has not ridden in it so that pretty bad.

But the last few weeks I've been putting in some time. I'm hoping to have her back on the road before the snow flys. I don't want to drive the 2wd through another winter. Haha.

This is how she sits now. Just got the steering system all redone. Still missing headlights, radiator, fan, front shocks, turbos, and more stuff I can't remember. The second pic is one of the reasons this one has be on the back burner. Spending to much time on the other trucks. Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:07 AM   #153
SWALLDOG

Member`s Gallery
So I got a new ps pump. Its a PSC hi flow pump. I had one before but smoked it with a modified external reservoir. So got a new one w an external can w a -12 fitting. I built a new reservoir / filter combo that I'm going to run. Its just a proto type. I built it out of steel because I had the stuff and it was cheap. I just wanted proof of concept and if it works out I'll build a fancy looking aluminum one.

The ram for the hydraulic assist needed some work. The rod end was worn out so I replaced that. I also cut the joint off the cyl end and rotated it 90° so the fittings point up instead of forward.

I also rebuilt the steering box and did a few more modifications to get it to flow better. Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:20 AM   #154
fordpickupman

Name: fordpickupman
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
I was wondering what happened to this build not to long ago. I may need to roll back a page or 2 to make sure I didn't miss anything big.

Keep up the good work, slow progress is better than no progress����

'96 F350 Colt stage3, Hami valves, built 47rh, 180pump, 181dv, AFClive, 5x012inj, 4k, 60#springs, 19* timing

Old 11-01-2017, 11:43 AM   #155
SWALLDOG

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordpickupman View Post
I was wondering what happened to this build not to long ago. I may need to roll back a page or 2 to make sure I didn't miss anything big.

Keep up the good work, slow progress is better than no progress����

Thanks man! Yeah she has been slow the last few years. I'm hoping to changed that. Haha. Yeah a lot of the old pics are not working because photo bucket is lame so sorry about that. I need to go back and fix them once I figure the best route to go.

Old 11-01-2017, 11:45 AM   #156
SWALLDOG

Member`s Gallery
Got the engine oil and filter changed.

Also changed out the fuel and water separator. I'm kinda surprised the old fass 150/150 is still kickin. She's 12 years old! I probably should have drained out the old fuel. It has 1/2 tank of a few year old stuff. But I just put in 10 gallons of new fuel and filled the filters with new. But she started just fine. Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Old 11-01-2017, 11:56 AM   #157
SWALLDOG

Member`s Gallery
Also got new batteries installed. I love these battery post clamps. I put them on everything. They just work so much better when you have to pull cables on and off. Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Old 12-28-2017, 04:33 PM   #158
SWALLDOG

Member`s Gallery
Hydro assist steering 2nd gen cummins - YouTube

This was a little bit ago but I got the steering system all assembled, bled and back on the ground. Crappy video but what I was trying to show was the system running and how easy it turns the 255/75 22.5 tires with the weight on the front.

Old 12-28-2017, 04:39 PM   #159
SWALLDOG

Member`s Gallery
With the steering now working I was able to pull the truck in the shop and start working on the rest. List of things to do on the truck outside done. Now I need to prioritize a new list of everything else. Haha.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Closed Thread