Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > General Diesel Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

General Diesel Tech Farm equipment, Medium Duty, Big Rigs, and other General discussion can be found in here.

Old 12-06-2018, 05:43 AM   #18661
bracker8040

Name: bracker8040
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRE View Post
Faulkner sent me some pics of his latest score at the chrome shop. Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I saw a set of those recently.
They were on a red and yellow SBFA 377 Pete. It also had a Turbo Wing on top of a standup sleeper......and there was AirTabs up the fairings, and across the TurboWing.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:51 AM   #18662
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Faulkner sent me some pics of his latest score at the chrome shop. Click the image to open in full size.

Everyone knows that’s BS, I would never remove my smooth fuel mileage covers just for looks. No matter how bad arse those look. It’s all about the BSFC’s.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:19 AM   #18663
jfaulkner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracker8040 View Post
I saw a set of those recently.

They were on a red and yellow SBFA 377 Pete. It also had a Turbo Wing on top of a standup sleeper......and there was AirTabs up the fairings, and across the TurboWing.

Fuel tanks had to be running over with all those fuel saving devices. Such fuel mileage envy.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:53 AM   #18664
Feed Bunk

Name: Feed Bunk
Member`s Gallery
Is it possible to find a t800h hood in a salvage yard? I know it's an extremely rare item.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:57 AM   #18665
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Member`s Gallery
Meritor RT 46-164 banjo housing.
Customer spec'd trucks with 489 gears and Allison's.
Meritor does an exchange program, so we installed 410's in their fleet. We get to this last one, and the ring gear strikes the housing.

The mating flange on the banjo housing is welded on sitting down, and clocked out of phase. Just enough the the new ring gear wouldn't clear. Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250
Old 12-06-2018, 08:06 AM   #18666
ktllc15

Name: ktllc15
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
A lot of places won’t load a 48’ reefer, yet the load may only be loaded to the 45’ mark.
You also better believe, that if it’ll fit in 40’ foot, we won’t spread the weight out either. We’ll shove all that chit right in the nose.

I started out running MN to tx with a 48' spread. Never had a problem, was always loaded light on the way down like 8-15 pallets. And hauled bananas from the port coming back always 20 pallets. Then I started running Cali... Made a hand full of trips with the 48' until I picked at a place that had no dock. Showed up and they came outside with a forklift and a pallet jack and with the load chimney blocked / pin wheeled it was going to be a full load. Needless to say we couldn't get it all on. I think I actually lost money hauling it back home. Since then I've had a 53' which running west coast produce you almost have to have a 53. But I sure do miss pulling a 48' spread.

Oh common Faulkner you know you wanna pull refer... Sit for days at shippers what's not to love? I actually don't mind refer but I pull and break down my own freight and bill out whatever the lumpers would have charged. Makes my truck payment and then some every month. Love the places that have a $100 base rate and I come in with one pallet that's a straight pull. $100 for 15 minutes of work.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:11 AM   #18667
bracker8040

Name: bracker8040
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Bunk View Post
Is it possible to find a t800h hood in a salvage yard? I know it's an extremely rare item.
I’d check with Circle C Truck Salvage in Tompkinsville Ky.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:56 AM   #18668
BRE

Name: BRE
Member`s Gallery
I don’t pull a lot of produce just because where I like to run.
We have guys that do, but I like running the Midwest so that’s kinda where the boss tries to keep me. Leaves me moving a lot of cheese, and meat.
I’ve had 1-2 loads in the last 4-5 months that was loaded past the 48 and if they’d have pinwheeled or something it coulda been done.

Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO
Old 12-06-2018, 01:34 PM   #18669
jfaulkner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktllc15 View Post
I started out running MN to tx with a 48' spread. Never had a problem, was always loaded light on the way down like 8-15 pallets. And hauled bananas from the port coming back always 20 pallets. Then I started running Cali... Made a hand full of trips with the 48' until I picked at a place that had no dock. Showed up and they came outside with a forklift and a pallet jack and with the load chimney blocked / pin wheeled it was going to be a full load. Needless to say we couldn't get it all on. I think I actually lost money hauling it back home. Since then I've had a 53' which running west coast produce you almost have to have a 53. But I sure do miss pulling a 48' spread.

Oh common Faulkner you know you wanna pull refer... Sit for days at shippers what's not to love? I actually don't mind refer but I pull and break down my own freight and bill out whatever the lumpers would have charged. Makes my truck payment and then some every month. Love the places that have a $100 base rate and I come in with one pallet that's a straight pull. $100 for 15 minutes of work.

Yes it’s always been a dream of mine to pay the customer to unload products they ordered. I charge my UPS guy $5 to put a package at my door.

Like a lot of yours my lumper didn’t speak English either, just a lot of beeping and motor noises.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:18 PM   #18670
Leiffi

Name: Leiffi
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Just murdered the value of current equipment. Here everyone requires a 53’ van even if the load will fit in 30’.
Yes, I they plan to raise weights later, so now you build for 34,5 meters and 76000 kg, after a couple of years you must build again or modify for 90000 kg or something. Good business for truck and trailer dealers and manufacturers, keeps them busy, but bad for truck operators.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:24 PM   #18671
Rig Wrench

Name: Rig Wrench
Title: Wannabe Tech
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Yes it’s always been a dream of mine to pay the customer to unload products they ordered. I charge my UPS guy $5 to put a package at my door.

Like a lot of yours my lumper didn’t speak English either, just a lot of beeping and motor noises.
Bout time to get some shine on that wagon lazy azz. Gettin kinda dull
Old 12-06-2018, 09:00 PM   #18672
jfaulkner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Wrench View Post
Bout time to get some shine on that wagon lazy azz. Gettin kinda dull

Polishing is for suckers, I just decided there was an easier way and got all new wheels. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:17 PM   #18673
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Member`s Gallery
Well there's that. Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250
Old 12-07-2018, 06:10 AM   #18674
dieselbeef

Name: dieselbeef
Title: dick doggin
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

dam thats not the steel mill I remember trucking with my dad as a kid....45 yrs ago it was black inside the bldg...but they still had that overhead....he hauled alotta coils as well..schidt..back in1970's

01 2500 4x4 quad cab all stock/drag comp

07.5 3500 4x4 dually 4 dr 6.7 d&j extreme, fleece cheetah, gorend triple, cat filters,

rip wrongway...
Old 12-07-2018, 07:10 AM   #18675
jfaulkner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbeef View Post
dam thats not the steel mill I remember trucking with my dad as a kid....45 yrs ago it was black inside the bldg...but they still had that overhead....he hauled alotta coils as well..schidt..back in1970's

That’s a processor, most of the mills are dark and dirty but other places I go you can eat off the floor. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:57 PM   #18676
Leiffi

Member`s Gallery
Sent a couple of used Duraflange Alcoas to be vibration polished, came out quite nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181001_153342.jpg (346.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-07-2018, 02:01 PM   #18677
jfaulkner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiffi View Post
Sent a couple of used Duraflange Alcoas to be vibration polished, came out quite nice.

You know what media they used?
Old 12-07-2018, 02:25 PM   #18678
jfaulkner

Member`s Gallery
I asked a friend about doing them and he said it calls for stainless steel media which is like $7-10k plus the polisher large enough to hold a wheel. Said he could get quiet a few crackheads to polish wheels cheaper. Lol.

They do look very nice.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:43 PM   #18679
Leiffi

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
You know what media they used?
He uses 3 different types, I think they were all ceramic. 22.5" was the largest that fit in his drum.

Same type of machine like in this video Vibration truck wheel polishing - YouTube
Old 12-07-2018, 06:33 PM   #18680
Rig Wrench

Name: Rig Wrench
Title: Wannabe Tech
Member`s Gallery
Yup. Drove in like this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181207_162143.jpg (144.3 KB, 0 views)