Ford TTB 7.3

Smokyturtle97

Hello guys I was hoping to get some advice from those more experienced than myself. I have a 1997 f-250 super cab long bed 4wd with the ttb dana 50 independent front axle. Pretty mild build with 180/30 injectors kc300ex stage 2 63/73 so nothing crazy on power, it is a 7.3 after all haha. I wanted to know what guys have done to keep these front ends from wheel hopping when dirt drag racing. I'm considering going to an event in April that has an open dyno and dirt drags, and I just want to make sure I don't hurt the truck in the process. I know the front driveshafts are know to get spit out under heavy load on the obs trucks and the wheel hop I've been told these front ends will do wont help that. I should add that I have no intentions of regularly dirt dragging this truck, and I likely wont even make it past first round of eliminations knowing I'll be tossed in modified class with the local dedicated dirt drag trucks. I just want to do something fun with the truck while limiting the chances of hurting something.

I'm considering going to an event in April that has an open dyno and dirt drags, and I just want to make sure I don't hurt the truck in the process.

First off, welcome to Comp D! Second, I know at my age, I won't attempt anything I cannot afford to pay to fix. So I wish you the best of luck!

Back