popped the charger

RAMICATOR

They Call Me Boner
so yesterday afternoon, hooked to the sled at the Boone county fairgrounds in Belvidre. tach her up slide her out and off to the races. i figure i was at about 230 ft. and pop, costed to 246ft. lots of smoke, unhook thinking it was just an intercooler boot, and drive ot the track, lots of smoke still and start wondering what else it wrong. push in the clutch and the rpms are still at 2000, oh crap pulled the power wire for the redline box i just barrowed, and its picking up r's, turn the key off, and she is starting to runn away. stood on the brake and dumped the clutch and killed it. now im going wtf. got a tow back the my buddies semi for his tractor, and told a guy we pull with what it did, and he got this smerck on his face and said "turbo".

well i pull my intake off and what a site, no fins left on the compressor wheel, its just sitting there.

pulled the trubo off and dismantaled it, broken shaft, compressor wheel fell out, big hole in the center section.

toast.

that was the best hook it had going all year, that ended way premature and i still got 8th place out of 20. i think i would have had the win if she didnt let go.

so now i need the get a new huffer, clean out the intercooler and piping and pull the head and hope that its not crapped up cuz when i pulled the intake horn otf the was oil and some shaving down in there.

What charger you running? Runaway's suck. I bet you were in full pucker....

i dont know why my sigs not showing, but i have an 01 2500 5 speed EEP DD clutch mach 6's drag comp and whats left of an EEP 66 turbo. barrowed redline box had it a 80% fueling and had the rev limiter at 3500, she still turnd 3650, that thing it wicked

GOT-Torque said:
Hey, how did the redline compare to pulling without it? Just running the drag comp...

before redline i could only carry 3100 rpm down the track. with the redline at only 80% fueling and the rev limiter at 3500, i was turning 3650 it said. that thing is wicked

i bought it used from my buddy, he bought the truck from some guy in new york that said the was a lot more done to the truck than what there is. so needless to say the charger that was " only a year old" when i talked to enterprise there like no pretty sure it 4 or 5 years old. but anyway there going to build me a custom one, when i get a few more funds.

RAMICATOR said:
i bought it used from my buddy, he bought the truck from some guy in new york that said the was a lot more done to the truck than what there is. so needless to say the charger that was " only a year old" when i talked to enterprise there like no pretty sure it 4 or 5 years old. but anyway there going to build me a custom one, when i get a few more funds.

You are talking the regular cab red ram with the hood stack eh? He pulled with us in West Bend.

no its a lime green 95 originaly from NY, you know the one that was parked next to you at Union Grove the night before the DHRA pull.

RAMICATOR said:
no its a lime green 95 originaly from NY, you know the one that was parked next to you at Union Grove the night before the DHRA pull.

Ah yeah, the SLIMER truck.. I haven't seen him around, is his truck still running?

You mean Vince Aftuck? He and his wife both pull slime green Dodges. They are out of SW NY. Nice people.

JOHNBOY said:
You mean Vince Aftuck? He and his wife both pull slime green Dodges. They are out of SW NY. Nice people.

possibly if he sold one, to my buddy in IL.

yeah garret, "the green slimer", is what we have dubbed it, he's still running, doing ok, needs a losser converter, take to long to light. he'll gett'er over the winter

heress the pics

Attachments

• 100_0126.jpg
    100_0126.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 100_0127.jpg
    100_0127.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_0128.jpg
    100_0128.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_0129.jpg