Finally Got around to lowering the 12v

meatball

A friend and I Removed the factory block and overloads ,
Common rail springs with one coil cut . Added traction bars , swapped in the freshly rebuilt dana 60 .
The truck rides and drives so much better now, before it was miserable to drive . Best thing I've ever done to it
21cd0351a50bcb723ecf6164eefceb56.jpg
c63bb8f290f8e5120616660ac1b52117.jpg

Looks really good. When I was lifting my truck, I tried some powerwagon springs in there that actually lowered it, but made it super comfy. That might be an option if someone doesn't want to cut coils.

thanks , id like to get it on a good street tire , but with 18's im having a hard time finding a good tire thats not gonna kill my wallet . i might have to find some 20's it seems like theres alot more options in that size.

Looks really good. When I was lifting my truck, I tried some powerwagon springs in there that actually lowered it, but made it super comfy. That might be an option if someone doesn't want to cut coils.

How much lower?

My truck have ultra stiff springs (I think because it have the camper special package). I looked at progressive springs but they're all lift springs. I do not want to lift my truck. Stock height is where I want it but it ride rough.

If I remember correctly Ram 1500 is 3" lower than Ram 2500 & 3500. Where the 3" difference come from? Axle? Suspension? Frame?

Again, If I remember correctly, there's 3" lift progressive springs for 1500, which I'm thinking about to try in my truck but I don't know if it'll be too soft.

How much lower?

My truck have ultra stiff springs (I think because it have the camper special package). I looked at progressive springs but they're all lift springs. I do not want to lift my truck. Stock height is where I want it but it ride rough.

If I remember correctly Ram 1500 is 3" lower than Ram 2500 & 3500. Where the 3" difference come from? Axle? Suspension? Frame?

Again, If I remember correctly, there's 3" lift progressive springs for 1500, which I'm thinking about to try in my truck but I don't know if it'll be too soft.

An inch or two. I didn't measure. I had my 5" coils already, but thought I'd try the power wagon springs since I had them and I had everything apart.
I tried my stock 12V springs, power wagon springs, 12V with a 2.5" BDS spacer, and my 5" I bought off of top gunzzzzz (the z makes it cool...). I drove all at least 5 miles to compare and the power wagons were the softest and the lowest. They made my 35x10.5's (zero offset) rub though during turning.

I did enjoy how comfy they were. My 5" lift coils are stiff but I like it stiff for how high it sits. It keeps it very stable.

Back