Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Pit Area- OFF TOPIC FORUMS > The Swap Meet > For Sale > General Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Diesel General Diesel For Sale Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 05:14 PM   #1
drewkeen

Name: drewkeen
Title: Old School
Member`s Gallery
Duramax 4.5L LMK Engine

Posting this up for a friend that works more on European diesels. Here is what he sent me. He tried to post this on Ebay and they pulled it so that is why it is written the way it is.

Let me know if you have any questions I can answer or I can send over his contact info. Didn't want to publicly post his email.

Duramax 4.5L LMK engine

This is a prototype engine that was never available in a factory truck. Originally destined for 2010-11 Chevy/GMC 1500 the program was killed due to economic recession. I only have what is pictured, I do not have any of the additional parts. Engines are sold (and warranty only applies) as a long block only. A long block consists of a block and head(s).

Attached parts (alternators, starters, ac compressors, power steering pumps, throttles, etc) are not included. If any of the attaching parts are left on the motor, they are not covered by the warranty. Engines are considered a freight item.

Attention: If you order an item incorrectly or if it is just not needed, this does not fall under buyer protection or our warranty. You may return the part but actual shipping costs incurred will not be refundable. On "free shipping" auctions, obviously, we do not get "free shipping." Our actual cost we paid to ship this item will not be refunded regardless of the fact you were offered "free shipping." This part will only fit the makes and models with the options shown above. eBay's compatibility should not be used as it is often incorrect.

All engines are sold as used long blocks (block & heads). These engines are sold with the understanding that wiring, sensors, fuel systems, manifolds, etc. may need to be changed to fit your application (these items may or may not be on the engine). Our warranty covers the block and heads only. All seals, gaskets, and filters must be replaced before install. Some items may be left on the engine for customer’s convenience; however, they are not covered under warranty. Examples of non-covered parts would be: intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds, throttle bodies, fuel rails, fuel injectors, EGR valves, other emissions parts, wiring, crank sensors, cam sensors, other electrical sensors, valve covers, distributors, carburetors, flywheels, etc.

The engine has only about 1 hour test run for emissions certification, and has been stand warm since but should be considered to have been standing for over 8 years and all that can come along with that.

Turbo is stuck and do not turn at all but it looks like it has never been used - as do many other parts. Crankshaft rotates easily when turning it by the flywheel.

A part of the plastic intake was hit and is damaged as shown in the pictures.

In the pictures you can see that one of the cooling channel has slight damage but it is not cracked.

In one picture you can see that one intake part has a defect as well.

I bought the engine for a project but was canceled partly since it does not fit in the intended car. The engine is relative smaller and easier to fit in a stand alone application than the 6.6L engines in general but still was too large for my project. I now have the mercedes OM656.629 that in my case is a better alternative for my project and that I know way better the the Duramax LMK engine. Though I must say since it is very hard, at least for me, to get information regarding this engine has been the other reason to not go forward with the project.

Questions are welcome but please only serious people, I am very serious in what I am doing and I have described the item in the best way I possibly can.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200728_134706.jpg (329.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200728_134719.jpg (258.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200728_134725.jpg (277.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200728_134336.jpg (256.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200728_134733.jpg (256.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200728_134743.jpg (326.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200728_134752.jpg (331.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200728_134757.jpg (391.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200728_134806.jpg (307.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200728_134801.jpg (313.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200728_134814.jpg (238.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200728_134819.jpg (289.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200728_134924.jpg (355.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by drewkeen; 01-22-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Closed Thread