Turbo, Transmission, etc.?

cumins01

My dad has a 2012 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 crewcab short bed with the automatic transmission in it. It is bone stock and started having this problem about a week ago. Dad took it to the dealer and since there is no codes they could not figure it out. I took it yesterday to relieve him of planting and pulled out of the drive and beat the living crap out of it tap shifting up and down in the gears and so on since he babies it and trying duplicate the same problem he had.

Here is the problem, with the exhaust brake on, when you let off the pedal the exhaust brake comes on like it should, but when you go to get back into the pedal, it won't go above 2k RPM and it sounds like the exhaust brake is working against the VGT. Like you throttle into it but the exhaust brake will not come off. You can even put it to the floor and sounds a lot worse but won't downshift or anything. When it does this not a code comes up or anything. The only thing that was done to it was a PCM reflash by dodge under a recall.

Does anyone have any idea's on what the heck is going on with thing? This is why I own a manual.

Back