BD Diesel's NEW Positive Air Shutdown P.A.S.

BDPowerDave

BD-Power Rep.
Seem like we have a new product being released everyweek, here is our newest release.

Click the Image for more information.

Stay informed on all BD New product released by signing up for the BD E-Newlsetter HERE

Let me know if you have any questions
Dave Dias

Good deal! I think we've been gone on for too long trying to get by with exhaust flappers as air shutoffs. Any chance of working with the Racing Orgs to get discounts for members?

I saw that in an email notice I recieved a few weeks ago... seems really nice, but I think $1200 is WAY steep. I could build that with a 12V fuel shutoff solenoid for less than $200.

I think the main market for this is for the oilfields, notice the backdrop of ad. Some may even be able to get their company to purchase this.

More Feedback

Thanks for posting guys... any and all feedback is much appreciated! This is some what of a new market for us so even the comments about price are appreciated. Like mentioned the BD Positive Air Shutoff is targeted for the oil field and other industries where combustible vapours are present in atmosphere.

These are in stock for the Cummins and in January we will have the Duramax and Ford kits available.

We are looking at the race world and a less expensive, simplified version for you guys. I posted this up on a lot of forums last night and when I came in this morning the Competition Diesel thread was lit up, that tells me we should look at the performance market closely! So tell me what you all want....

Thanks for your feedback
Dave

Good deal! I think we've been gone on for too long trying to get by with exhaust flappers as air shutoffs. Any chance of working with the Racing Orgs to get discounts for members?
Member Pricing is always available on all BD products guys.

Why is it only avalible for newer trucks?? can't it be adapted for 12V's and ISB's???
good question, let me look into the 12 Valves ones, I am sure they are coming as well.

what size is it like 3 or 3 1/2 i need a 4 1/2? but 1200.00 is a little high!
This current size is 3" and installs on the cold side of the intake, other sizes will come based on demand.

Dave

Any chance on one that uses the spring to close and power to open? I guess I should have asked this first, is the plate over center?

Paul

The origional design of these was for vehicles that are working in the oilfields or natural gas sites. They need to be automatic with over rev protection built into them. That is where the expense comes in on this kit. Now if there is enough interest I am sure we can look at a simpler version of it that could be activated either with a cable or a small electronic solenoid.

Now if there is enough interest I am sure we can look at a simpler version of it that could be activated either with a cable or a small electronic solenoid.

A simple valve operated via cable would be nice. Also if targeting a performance market, a larger ID would almost be a necessity.....

We could do a kit like this without the automatic electronics for just under $500. Dont have the exact price yet. The problem for the real high boost guys is that it might be a little bit small. If your intake inlet hasnt changed then it shouldnt be a problem as far as flow goes. We are working on a 4" version as well, but that is a ways out. Let me know what you guys think.

Back