Frame paint?

SuperDave4x4

popcorn playa
Im trying to paint the frame and axles on my truck, but dont know what to use. I just want to paint it black and would like to use something that is going to last. Also Im not a huge fan of the spray can rubberized rubber under coating. I used it on my Ranger, but it seemed to fade.

Any body got preference?

POR-15....badazz shiznit..... I covered my comp cover, valve cover and some other hott parts with their clear and its still kicking strong

+1 for the POR-15. The self leveling feature makes your brush on job look amazing, just make sure you top coat it with a quick coat of rattle can and that will keep it from fading.

POR-15....badazz shiznit..... I covered my comp cover, valve cover and some other hott parts with their clear and its still kicking strong

Yeah I was looking at POR-15, but its a three step process and would be a royal pain in the arse to do the front axle while still under the truck. LOL The chassis saver looks as if all you have to do is just get the area nice and clean, not as much prep work. I guess I'm lazy?? :lolly:

Just wish I could find the stuff locally.

POR-15 is good stuff but you need to follow the process. If you just brush it on your frame without using their prep it will chip off from rocks. I brushed it on my old track bars without prep and it didn't hold up very well.

POR-15 is good stuff but you need to follow the process. If you just brush it on your frame without using their prep it will chip off from rocks. I brushed it on my old track bars without prep and it didn't hold up very well.

I didnt use POR or Chassis Saver because what I read few months ago is that they dont have UV protection. One of those brands will turn greyish from sunlight so I did not want to use that on my axles, I just cant remember which one.

i use POR-15 on the paint that flakes off from rust, anything still covered with the factory finish gets good old rattle can rustolem

If you just want to make it look good and black, hit it with some rattle can paint. I used Krylon if I remember correctly.
Then when you want to get the truck all shiny and clean just spray the axles and stuff with tire shine foam.

I use valspar semi-gloss tractor paint in a spray can. tractor supply carries it. seriously tough paint. its the same paint john deere sells.

Subscribing.. Pulling the cab on a truck currently and would like to apply some sort of rust inhibitor/sealant/paint while it is off..

Does anyone have any before and after pics they can contribute to this thread?

Back