Anyone Make a Nitrous Cross Bar w/ Fittings?

imelmo

Go away, I'm 'batin'!
So I've got my fancy ported intake manifold with nitrous rails built into it. Being as there is one rail on each side, I would need some kind of cross bar or x bar to use a 2 stage nitrous system that doesn't use computer controlled solenoids. Don't want to shoot different amounts at different times into one side and not the other. The rear two fittings will be plugged.

This is a pic of the manifold for reference:

43241bb8.jpg

c05393d1.jpg

822ad172.jpg

I basically need something along the lines of this I believe:

intakemanifolddrawing.jpg

I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to piece something together but I would think someone probably makes something already.

Last edited:
Im no expert, just throwing ideas out. What if you just used a single feed line from the solenoid into a 1to2 AN splitter into both side.

So basicaly a one into two line.

Im no expert, just throwing ideas out. What if you just used a single feed line from the solenoid into a 1to2 AN splitter into both side.

So basicaly a one into two line.

I'll have 2 solenoids. Worse case I'll just use two 1-2 fittings but I was hoping someone made something.

Last edited:
Could you use a 2to1 fitting into a 2 line distribution block? As before just throwing ideas, i dont know if theyll work or not.

Could you use a 2to1 fitting into a 2 line distribution block? As before just throwing ideas, i dont know if theyll work or not.

That's what I'm having trouble finding. Smallest distribution block I can find is 1 into 4.

That's what I'm having trouble finding. Smallest distribution block I can find is 1 into 4.

You could cap the 1 and then feed through the top two ports. If you place the solenoids close this should eliminate a lot of expansion area.

Not really sure if you have a drill press, or the time for that matter, but I have made some manifolds out of aluminum bolcks as long as it is somewhat simple.

I recently made one for the air suspension for my Rat Rod because I could find one I needed.

Maybe an option....

Attachments

• pic20.jpg
    pic20.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 0
  • pic21.jpg
    pic21.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 0
  • pic22.jpg
    pic22.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 0
  • pic23.jpg
    pic23.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 0
You could cap the 1 and then feed through the top two ports. If you place the solenoids close this should eliminate a lot of expansion area.

Someone else suggested that also. That's probably the route I'm gonna go. Nice and simple. :D

I'm not convinced the nos will be shared too well, so close to a port it seems too easy for a higher dose to some, less to others. Why not inject earlier in the air stream to ensure better mixing of the nos with the incoming air? say maybe in the hot side intercooler inlet, cool that hot incoming air a tad, mix completely, and and no worries of the front half of the motor trying to spin faster than the back half...

I'm not convinced the nos will be shared too well, so close to a port it seems too easy for a higher dose to some, less to others. Why not inject earlier in the air stream to ensure better mixing of the nos with the incoming air? say maybe in the hot side intercooler inlet, cool that hot incoming air a tad, mix completely, and and no worries of the front half of the motor trying to spin faster than the back half...

Same system Wide Open has been running on their 9 second truck with no issues. There was a video posted of the rails in action. I'll see if I can find it.

Nitrous does not need to really "mix", just need's to be even per cylinder. The only issue with introducing it where he is, is if it the spray pattern out of the bar is uneven. If it is he can experiment with feeding both sides of the bar or by jetting each side different if need arises.

The gains from spraying farther up stream vs the manifold are not as far a part when spraying larger amounts.

Greg @ zz Fabrications does this and has the materials needed, also Nitrous Express can help as well..they have a nice assortment of goodies!

Back