Factory Lift pump rpm and HP limits on a 160 pump

I have a 180 pump, but I have gone 10.50 at 132 with a stock lift pump fed by a cheap electric pusher pump. Made 840 on the dyno. Been planning on upgrading the fuel system but just been pushing it off since it seems to be working alright.

What does the pressure look like when doing a wide open run ?

I ran an eBay 140 gph on a relay feeding a stock lift pumps for a few years, than I got a new pump from the Cummins dealer and swapped a comp cam #375 spring iirc and left the screen out of the pump. I didn’t notice much of a difference until I removed the pusher pump. With the comp cam spring the pusher became a restriction. My precision industries billet input lasted less than a week after I removed the pusher. My fuel pressure can still get pulled down but it takes a little longer. Throttle response seemed better also.

FWIW, I just changed over from 3/8” lines to a 5/8” suction from sump, ported fittings, 1/2” dual feed and saw nearly 10psi gain at all RPM. Stock piston pump.

I’m going to try a belt driven lift pump from PDD

I was going to as well, was really looking forward to trying it. Just got tired of waiting since they've been on backorder so long, so i went a different route. Hopefully they are available soon and we can see how they work.

Back