Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I don't have a scientific answer, I just don't personally feel like that's a good option.
Common practice is to fill them with bolts.

That warning is there because of the heat treated frame rail, not because of someones welding skills.

Nailed it

I don't have a scientific answer, I just don't personally feel like that's a good option.
Common practice is to fill them with bolts.

Yup

Piece of copper or aluminum on the back side to give the weld something to build to. Crank er up and melt it in. Pop the plate off when done and move on.

Shouldn't be done because of what was mentioned above.

People that stretch also gusset or double frame which is the better option. I believe the welding perpendicular was mentioned because when fish playing you shouldn't weld the ends only top an bottom. Grams will flex.

Stand to reason PS is just as holely..
19477429_10212236701446284_4565467493709268559_o.jpg

Any reason to stay away from a DDEC 2 truck? 195k on a rebuild.

1.your friends will make fun of you.

2. people will think you wear sweatpants and cellular headsets in your time off as well

3. Oil is expensive and you will need a lot of it to get it home.

4. It is probably in a clapped out freightliner held together with bubble gum and bosnian tears.

I actually like detroits for what they are. Those are just the things that come to mind when I think of them still LOL

That warning is there because of the heat treated frame rail, not because of someones welding skills.

Oh man. If you could see some of the stuff I've patched up over the years. You learn how to get it right after "Licking that calf again" becomes part of your daily vocabulary. LOL

The engine is fresh in the truck in question. I've known the truck basically since I started driving. It's now for sale, and I'm in the process of looking for my own truck. It's no show queen, it's not new, and it's not perfect... however I feel like it's a pretty good truck, and I've always liked it.
I really have no beef with a Detroit. I just know the earlier engines are a little "dumber" than the latter.
c36842168f771b28ba69556d35b135a6.jpg

Looks like a nicely taken care of ride, do it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've got a couple of trucks to pick from here local and I'm having a very hard time deciding.
The guy who owns the red truck, his son is selling his truck as well. However it's newer... therefore we have a larger price tag, this gawdawful 70" bunk, and elogs. I really do not care for ultracab trucks.
It has a platinum over haul with warranty till April I believe it was. New brakes completely, one newer rear, newer trans. Wants 57,500.
The red truck with a Detroit is a 94, 13 speed, newer trans, front rear is newer, new brakes, and some other crap I'm forgetting. Overhaul has 125k on it. It got a new head, injectors, bullgear, and some other chit in the over haul too. All air bags are newer. Wants 35k for it.
b00760694b9919030a07925d4658d208.jpg

Back