Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > NADM
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #21
woodsrat

Name: woodsrat
Title: NEW ERA DIESEL
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sootsales View Post
Hopefully one day you diesel orgs. will come down to south TX its bad enough theres only two races all year and both are up north. You have Baytown, Sealy, and San Antonio. Just my two cents
We were wanting san antonio. I tried to contact them for over a month and got no reply.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You want to hit it but are afraid of the consequences.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #22
SAK

Name: SAK
Title: I'm going fast mama.
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sootsales View Post
Hopefully one day you diesel orgs. will come down to south TX its bad enough theres only two races all year and both are up north. You have Baytown, Sealy, and San Antonio. Just my two cents
Don't for get Edinburg.
38x15.50R20 Toyo MT's
OUO 9" Traction Blocks
OUO Track Bar Ball Joint
Mag-Hytec F&R Diff Covers
H&S Tuned
Amp Steps
Built by: TRUCK TOYZ

Old 04-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #23
Fire Rescue1401

Name: Fire Rescue1401
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
not liking the 1/8 i know NADM is more geared to the pullers but with only an 1/8 mile track the drag racing will suck more than last year. sorry for being so blunt but it will. also i didn't see much in the line of bleachers so the spectators aren't going to like it much either. i understand you want to keep the cost down but you also got to think about where is the best place for spectators seeing that they are where you are going to make most of your money.... better make sure there is a dyno there this year to help make the event half a$$ ok

Old 04-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #24
imelmo

Name: imelmo
Title: Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Member`s Gallery
I'd rather 1/4, but don't mind 1/8. If nothing else it saves me some .

The FORDOTA, '86 Toyota reg cab tube chassis to be powered by a 6.0 Powerstroke; finally back in progress

Old 04-05-2011, 03:22 PM   #25
ROSKOE115

Name: ROSKOE115
Title: SLICKER THAN A FRESH BASS
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Rescue1401 View Post
not liking the 1/8 i know NADM is more geared to the pullers but with only an 1/8 mile track the drag racing will suck more than last year. sorry for being so blunt but it will. also i didn't see much in the line of bleachers so the spectators aren't going to like it much either. i understand you want to keep the cost down but you also got to think about where is the best place for spectators seeing that they are where you are going to make most of your money.... better make sure there is a dyno there this year to help make the event half a$$ ok
You can park vehicles down one side and sit on tailgates like most sled pulls around here are. I am fine with the 1/8 mile personally, not as much crap gets tore up. I like 1/4 for the times and the MPH. 1/4 & 1/8 have pros and cons but we should just be happy a sanctioned event is even coming to Texas. I don't live but maybe an hour and a half away from Denton but I am also fine with NADM bringing it back to Baytown. I don't see why they couldn't work with the guys that do the Texas Diesel Shootout and make the last race for the TDS a big national event. Bringing two great things together. This could possibly bring more spectators to the event and also more vendor sponsorships. Either way I am glad to have something in Texas but I knew the 1/4 or 1/8 mile argument would come up. Go to Scheids event, they are 1/8 mile and 15-20+ pro street rigs show up and some of the closest racing has been done in my opinion.

Isn't an argument of going to 1/8 mile coming up in the PS class anyhow?

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
3.0 ecodiesel 4X4 Overland

Last edited by ROSKOE115; 04-05-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: I can't spell to save my life

Old 04-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #26
12vriviera

Name: 12vriviera
Title: That Guy with that car
Member`s Gallery
At crandall there wasnt hardly anyone in the stands... Everybody was watching the pulling... There is more than enough stands.. Last weekend it was packed out, hardly any place to park.. Just for drag racing... If they split it up again and give us a schedule to where we can watch it all with some test n tune, it should be a great time!
I am a pushover
https://www.facebook.com/#!/24VRIVIERA

Old 04-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #27
house

Name: house
Title: the Fat kid!
Member`s Gallery
If fuel is under 4.00 by then we will make the long journey again!
2013 VW Jetta TDI..

Old 04-05-2011, 03:47 PM   #28
Sledpuller

Name: Sledpuller
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Whining was another reason we decided to quit spending so much money on that concrete palace. Sorry to be so blunt, but it was.

Play nice and be respectful of the property and everybody involved, and you will find an additional event back at a big strip, or 3, in the future.
Otherwise, I think you whiners should throw your money in the pot, and put on your own show.

Texans, it is up to you how bad ass the events down there can be, with ANY organization or promoter. Its up to you.

We do highly appreciate the real sportsman down there, and we will continue to do what we can for you.
Amsoil sold here
fairtax.org
"I love it when a poser intellection drivels himself into oblivion.."Inimmo77"post Bish and quit staring at the fing screen"jponder

Old 04-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #29
Fire Rescue1401

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledpuller View Post
Whining was another reason we decided to quit spending so much money on that concrete palace. Sorry to be so blunt, but it was.

Play nice and be respectful of the property and everybody involved, and you will find an additional event back at a big strip, or 3, in the future.
Otherwise, I think you whiners should throw your money in the pot, and put on your own show.

Texans, it is up to you how bad ass the events down there can be, with ANY organization or promoter. Its up to you.

We do highly appreciate the real sportsman down there, and we will continue to do what we can for you.
Whining sure call it what you want. if having the balls to come out and say what i think and not act as if everything is great like most guys do is what you call whining then so be it. but i know that there is now way in hell that North Star can handle the turn out like what was at Ennis this weekend, hell i would be surprise if it can even hold what was at NADM last year. doesn't matter what i think anyway just my and being up to us to make the event as bad ass can only be as bad ass as the track can handle when your set up for failure you can only do so much... i do understand there are a lot of whiners but me being one of them you are highly mistaken

Old 04-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #30
woodsrat

Name: woodsrat
Title: NEW ERA DIESEL
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Whining sure call it what you want. if having the balls to come out and say what i think and not act as if everything is great like most guys do is what you call whining then so be it. but i know that there is now way in hell that North Star can handle the turn out like what was at Ennis this weekend, hell i would be surprise if it can even hold what was at NADM last year. doesn't matter what i think anyway just my and being up to us to make the event as bad ass can only be as bad ass as the track can handle when your set up for failure you can only do so much... i do understand there are a lot of whiners but me being one of them you are highly mistaken
Well to start off, it does matter what everyones .02 is. We are not going back to crandall this year do to the issues last year and cost. North Star is willing to do what we want. As for the numbers there were more trucks and people at crandall than ennis. If North Star cant handle it then we will go from there. I tried to get san antonio for over a month and they would not call or email me back. So lets all do the best with what we have. Like we have said before if you have a track that is willing to work with us to build an event or a sponsor that wants to help foot the bill let us know. We plan the year to give the racers good purse payouts then try to pay for everything else. This is what the Texas budget allowed.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You want to hit it but are afraid of the consequences.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:44 PM   #31
12vriviera

Name: 12vriviera
Title: That Guy with that car
Member`s Gallery
How many people made crandall last year?..

DIpalooza had over 4000 people at north star with 1/3 of the parking lot taken up for drifting... They ran classes all day long and didn't have a seperate pulling track...it was also considered a huge success for being the first of its kind there. I think that they will set it up properly, so that every body will have a good time... They run large shows almost every weekend and I bet it will be a blast.
I am a pushover
https://www.facebook.com/#!/24VRIVIERA

Old 04-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #32
Black04Ram

Name: Black04Ram
Member`s Gallery
I think it would be better in denton imo.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:38 PM   #33
Fire Rescue1401

Member`s Gallery
we will make the best of what we have, i'm sure this event will be fine. last year the only thing that sucked was the pulling and racing at the same time which to my understanding was the track crew not being ready to go when they should have so if North Star can handle there selves better then it should be a good time. will there be a dyno this year or do yall know yet? ill get off my box and get in a better mood about it. it is what it is.......

Thanks,
Eric

Old 04-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #34
VMAX

Name: VMAX
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24vriviera View Post
How many people made crandall last year?..

DIpalooza had over 4000 people at north star with 1/3 of the parking lot taken up for drifting... They ran classes all day long and didn't have a seperate pulling track...it was also considered a huge success for being the first of its kind there. I think that they will set it up properly, so that every body will have a good time... They run large shows almost every weekend and I bet it will be a blast.
Ennis last weekend had 4000 people. Somehow NHRDA was able to make it happen. Not shooting down the event or the organization just saying it can happen.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #35
Valair1

Name: Valair1
Title: Valair Inc. Clutch
Member`s Gallery
I'm down with North Star. I can pull the sled and drag race my tow rig, hopefully not home lol

Valair Performance Series Clutches

Old 04-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #36
XLR8R

Name: XLR8R
Title: Crew Chief
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsrat View Post
We are not going back to crandall this year do to the issues last year and cost. North Star is willing to do what we want. We plan the year to give the racers good purse payouts then try to pay for everything else. This is what the Texas budget allowed.
Makes sense that Concrete Crandall is more $$$ than North $tar... but what's Denton doing that Dallas Raceway wouldn't?

Old 04-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #37
crackerman

Name: crackerman
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
its appealing to local racers...
and the guys have tons of experience. also the track itsself has been there forever. just revamped a little here and there.

ennis on the other hand is a great facility as well as crandall, except ennis is open one friday a month and crandall track prep sucks. at northstar they will make it stickier at request, especially at an event that draws way more attendance than the regular friday night crowd.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #38
SCHOOL BUS

Name: SCHOOL BUS
Title: DLRA T-O
Member`s Gallery
im just glad we dont have to deal with the tools that run crandall. and that i wont see 2000 degrees on the pyro...

Old 04-06-2011, 12:38 AM   #39
Runninlean

Name: Runninlean
Title: Say When racing
Member`s Gallery
I doubt I will run the PS truck at this event then. I am not geared to run the 1/8th and sure not swapping gears just for this one event at the 8th. Not much point in running if you can't compete.

I hear you guys saying the were willing to work with you and all. I have to ask though you tried SA did you even try Baytown? I also have heard rumors that Sealy was looking to try and work with you guys but you never even tried? (this is hear say and second hand info) I know for a fact Sealy is not expensive not the best setup but a fairly nice place, track its self is good and 1/4 mile.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:53 AM   #40
Runninlean

Name: Runninlean
Title: Say When racing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOL BUS View Post
im just glad we dont have to deal with the tools that run crandall. and that i wont see 2000 degrees on the pyro...
Keep the boots on it and you shouldn't see 2k!

Closed Thread