!! HELP!! In a Bind

irontx25

Alright Yall.... just got my motor put back in. Everything seems to be lined up good. Got this CLUNKING noise from under the truck. Seems to be AT ONE with the RPMs. Thats just the start. Also have oil dripping from around the front of the bell housing. Not ATF.... engine oil. Tranny is slipping when i start off in D and R. Shifts silky smooth once I am going. Motor was out for about 2 weeks . Studded it and did an egr delete.did have to put the rear main back in....had to pull the flywheel cover to put on stand.. pulled the dust cover from the crank flange and reinstalled the seal .Didnt leak all through lunch with the front of the truck elevated.where did I go wrong and what should I be looking for.... thanks for any help

I have no answer on the engine issue. The transmission is most likely relearning. Is it taking a while to engage once you put it in drive or reverse? If it is it will go away after a few drive cycles. Theres a procedure to follow to teach you transmission once it reprogrammed.

You didn't accidentally do this did ya? Just checking the simple stuff first.

Attachments

• ps60_078_Unique_Service_Procedure.jpg
    ps60_078_Unique_Service_Procedure.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 30
You didn't accidentally do this did ya? Just checking the simple stuff first.

no I steered clear of those... i kept the ole bible close at hand.. I added a quart and a half of tranny fluid... it quit slipping on take off.. thought i was doin all the good burned my 22s like it was nothing . Then my converter locked out of the clear blue after i let off... started shifting funny again. Am pretty sure my noise is from the tranny... pump maybe... couldnt figure out why i had to keep adding coolant... helps when you tighten down the hose to the degas bottle :doh: still looks a little low.. hoping its just got air in the system.

oh yea forgot to mention... noticed a little BLUE smoke today.... thought that was real nice....when i had it tore down, i re o-ringed all my injectors and noticed one of them had oil under the copper o-ring... is that normal? Didnt notice that on the rest of them.I guess i can just add that to my other problems.

A new rear main needs to have a wear ring installed on the crank. Requires a special tool.

well I guess that explains my leak....... Yes Im an IDIOT!!!!!:doh: thats what i get for listening to dumb@$$es. I tried to get a rear main from the dealer.... put me on hold for a long time.... a cousin of mine was helping me out ... said " awe it looks alright, besides its stopping us from going on " now i wish i would have done what my gut told me.

You re-oringed them. Did you put new copper washers? What else did you do while you were in there?

When you removed the rear cover... Did you cut the t-joints on the rear cover or did you just pull it off? If you didn't cut them, you will have a new leak later.

You re-oringed them. Did you put new copper washers? What else did you do while you were in there?

yes got o-ring kit from dealer... rubber and copper...followed directions in 6.0 bible...cleaned out cups , checked all harnesses for chaffing, checked all o-rings on hpop system....truck fires right up... idles good... check engine light was on till i put my SCT on .... guessing it was egr related... pulled no codes while the light was on though..

one thing though... when in park , if i rev the engine.. acts normal if i just bump it real quick to 3k.... if i hit it a little harder it will spike real quick .... farther then it should... kinda like an after thought.... it will jump up to 3500-4000

When you removed the rear cover... Did you cut the t-joints on the rear cover or did you just pull it off? If you didn't cut them, you will have a new leak later.

t-joints??? put new seals/pip gaskets on everything i took off... except for the rear main

There is joints at the bed plate and hi pressure pump cover. If they get pulled on they like to leak later. You have a knocking noise? Did you replace any glow plugs?

There is joints at the bed plate and hi pressure pump cover. If they get pulled on they like to leak later. You have a knocking noise? Did you replace any glow plugs?

no i didnt replace any of the glow plugs.. The knocking noise sounds like its coming from the bell housing.. quiets down if i hold my foot on the brake and presure up the TC

Back