Borgeson steering box, small turning radius

kawi600

got Coal for Christmas
Anyone gone from a stock (or aftermarket) old school style to the delphi-based borgeson and noticed the turning radius is awful? Great steering, much less wander but parking and such is a PITA.
Only thing I can think to do is to try and mess with my pitman arm to increase the throw.

Anyone gone from a stock (or aftermarket) old school style to the delphi-based borgeson and noticed the turning radius is awful? Great steering, much less wander but parking and such is a PITA.
Only thing I can think to do is to try and mess with my pitman arm to increase the throw.

I still hit the steering stops on the axle with the Borg steering box. It still has the exact radius as it did before.

I hit a solid stop on both ends of travel, but I think its internal. Ill have a look, but nothing else changed except the box and pitman. Only replaced that since the splines were beat and I put the same part back on.

Im about to pull the trigger on the borgeson box and shaft. The only reason I haven't is the steering ratio. May purchase the redhead version instead.

You have the worst luck dude

Naw Im just picky about my toys is all. Sometimes I go off and do weird **** like put low stall converters and competition heads on street trucks and expect low rpm performance without smoke. I learned a pile about diesel combustion in the process, its all good.

The turn radius DOES suck though, especially in the city. I had the alignment done at the same time but I doubt it changed enough to make this sort of a difference.
Dunno about the Redhead stuff, but I do like the Borgeson. It goes where I want it to.
Now I just need to fix my lack of rebound damping and maybe I can drive without scaring the crap out of people behind me. Truck came with a 3" leaf which is part of the problem the rate is wrong for what I do with it.

Is your pump good? Did you get all the air out of the system? I put the hole set up on my98-12v. Box,shaft,pump,lines. That thing steers great. Almost to good.

Yup, its all 100%. I wonder if this was something about the previous PSC box that it had more throw? Looks like all I can do is mod to pitman arm

With the linkage disconnected, how much rotation are you getting on your box? Will it hit the stops on one side and not the other? It could be biased to one side, may just have to adjust the draglink to get it to get full steering.

steering seems to be centered but I wont know till I get under there again. since I threw my back out again that might be awhile, lol.

Back