Any structural engineers? 30’ steel building questions

I have the chance to pick up what I would call the main steel structure to a 30x60x14 with 20’ column line spacing, free span shop building from a buddy in south Texas. The columns are 6” I beam, don’t know the lb per ft on them. The frame rafters are 12”x I think 13lb/ft at what I believe is a 4:12 roof pitch but it could be 3:12. Up here in OK I believe the roof snow load is 20psf for a flat roof and 115mph wind.

I feel like the columns may be a bit undersized but it would be easy to make new ones with 12x19lb I beam and use the 6” columns for some lean-Tos.

Anyone know if the roof rafters would be suitable for 30’ span and a snow load.

If I pick it up I would plan to install some 12x12 overhead doors centered on the end walls so there would be additional structure supporting the rafters.

And on column line spacing of 20’ are 6” C or Z purlins adequate or do they need to be larger? Most the buildings we work in here have 8”-10” purlins but the column lines are generally 25’+..

I know it’s kind of a vague question but I’d appreciate any help.

Are you familiar with Garage Journal forum? You may be able to get the info over there that you’re looking for. Actually now that I think about it. I might jump over there with a question about the shop I’m doing. Lol

So is 60 ft wide with a 30 ft ridge? Or 30 wide with a 60ft ridge?
If its 30 ft wide the structure sounds adequate and the 6" purlings are plenty. There not going to be ridged when walking on the roof but it's not going to fail. Cross bracing is the key to a strong metal structure. Our 40 ft wide building has w8x12 beams and it's a 20ft tall building.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

Are you familiar with Garage Journal forum? You may be able to get the info over there that you’re looking for. Actually now that I think about it. I might jump over there with a question about the shop I’m doing. Lol

No I’m sure not, this is the only forum I even peak at anymore lol.

No sir, 30’ wide free span x60’ long with 14’ eaves. The structure is split into three equal 20’ long bays. The roof peaks in the center and I believe the pitch is either 4 in 12 or 3 in 12. Were the vertical columns w8 or the roof rafters?

No I’m sure not, this is the only forum I even peak at anymore lol.

No sir, 30’ wide free span x60’ long with 14’ eaves. The structure is split into three equal 20’ long bays. The roof peaks in the center and I believe the pitch is either 4 in 12 or 3 in 12. Were the vertical columns w8 or the roof rafters?
Verticals are w8 roof is w12

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

Back