Anyone got a 4" or 5" used muffler or resonator?

4x4dually

Looking to tame this loud SOB down. The drone is killin' me. I'm not set on anyone brand, but willing to try some different setups if anyone has some used junk takin' up shop space.

FTE Resonator
Hushpower
etc
etc

Shoot me some options and prices.

I can put a 5" on easily but can also adapt to 4" if necessary.

Not looking to spend a lot....so don't tell me you got a used one for $250. :D

:thankyou2:

You can buy a new 5 in 5 out Donaldson for a peterbilt semi for 60$ from a pete dealership cause I just boought one for me pete

i have a 5" by 14" magnaflow sitting on the shelf it belongs to my brother if your interested ill ask him what he wants for it

They got some audio clips on the bottom.

Donaldson Muffler - Quiet Diesel Muffler

Wow....you can actually hear the turbo! :hehe: My truck hits 100 db in the middle of the cab. I won't know what it is like to actually talk to the kids in the back seat.

How much kazairl?

You will quiet it down and discover your wife talks the whole time and will now expect you to listen on those long road trips... LOL

To save you the headache, just forget the whole idea. :hehe:

I tried a MBRP 4" muffler and still had a drone, I went to the fte auger pipe thing and couldn't be happier.

Is 5" x "54" a typo? Holy shat that is long. I don't think I could even get that under there.

There is a good reason why it is referred to as a water heater Muffler. It fits under my QCLB but it would be pretty tight if you tried to fit it between the Transmission,Transfer Case and Framerail. A bit further back would be better.

If you could find a new one for $60 you would probably be better off going that way. What I would like for mine plus whatever shipping would be to OK would probably be around that mark.

Last edited:
I have a 5" inch that's about 24" long. I think it's a diamond eye. It was in a truck that a bought a while back. It was quiet all you could hear was the turbo. If your interested just pm me.
Randy

I like the water heater muffler--it even made my regular cab 1st gen seem almost civilized! in My cclb 96 it was nearly silent in the cab. Here's an outside sound clip of the 1st gen:

[ame="http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p191/sloc1443/Videos/?action=view&current=duallytreeremoval003.mp4"]Videos :: tree3 video by sloc1443 - Photobucket[/ame]

I went to the fte auger pipe thing and couldn't be happier.

I've been going to build one of these for a year or so and just haven't got around to it. I'd like to hear a truck with one. I found a place to buy the auger in virtually any size to make it as long as I wanted. Just not sure how much it would cost.

I got a few options on PM's..thanks guys. I'll decide soon. Anyone with an FTE they'd part with?

You will quiet it down and discover your wife talks the whole time and will now expect you to listen on those long road trips... LOL

To save you the headache, just forget the whole idea. :hehe:

I tried a MBRP 4" muffler and still had a drone, I went to the fte auger pipe thing and couldn't be happier.

I have the fte auger style also. Love it!

Is the inner diameter of a 5" exhaust pipe actually 5 inches or some other slightly reduced or larger number? Anyone got a piece laying around to measure?

Back