Got sold a bad motor!

Wow. I know him. He lives in my town (well sorta, two small towns make one small town) and I'll try getting ahold of him for you.

Last edited:
Don't have to get ahold of him. I talked to him today. He told me it was a running motor when he sold me it. And its my problem now. Then he said if I don't stop texting him he's gonna file a harrasment complaint. Whatever I got screwed and in no way is he gonna help me because he said it was "running" .

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Wow. What a tool. Sucks you get no compensation at all. If it were me I would have at least offered a few bucks back in compensation..

Wow. What a tool. Sucks you get no compensation at all. If it were me I would have at least offered a few bucks back in compensation..

Yup Id do the same thing and have sold some vehicles in the past and something breaks within a few weeks I'll offer to help them out. Idk how but he said it was running. No way a motor with melted pistons and blown hg will run. I have not done anything to this motor except put billet freeze plugs in. Unless pistols melt and hg blows by sitting then Idk. He said he has videos and dyno sheets to prove it was running. That don't prove ****. Can't talk about it, getting pissed again. Time to drink more beer.

If you didn't see it run, it wasn't running, pretty simple. So he can try to bluff all he wants with "harassment "

A good friend of mine is an state trooper here based out of canaan. Want me to have him go scare the chit out of his little pants? :evil :evil I know this kid I'm pretty sure he's about as scrawny as my pinky

That would be hilarious Haha. And yeah he ain't got much to him. If it wasn't a 2 1/2 hour ride for me Id be at his house. But funny thing is he tells me now that, that was his uncles house.

Put my other back in today. I can rely on this motor. Took injection pump off the other motor and put it on my older motor. I stuck a magnet in the block cooling holes and found sludgy oil and metal.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367118152709.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367118152709.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367118164123.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367118164123.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367118247980.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367118247980.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 0
Yeah. I would confront him at his house while his family is there. If he lives with his family and if they know the situation they probably won't cover for him. They would have to make it right.

A good friend of mine is an state trooper here based out of canaan. Want me to have him go scare the chit out of his little pants? :evil :evil I know this kid I'm pretty sure he's about as scrawny as my pinky

Hey Dave, I thi kin remember this kid from one of the SeeFOOD gatherings. Maybe ask or state police friend to give him a call..

Rob

Sue him for fraud... My buddy sold a blazer on Craigslist and the guy had the trans blow in 1300 miles and because he didn't put "as is where is" on the receipt they signed there was an expressed warranty on the truck. Worth a shot if you want some money or even a certified letter from a lawyer usually gets their attention.

Last edited:
There was no paperwork when I bought it. Just handed him the cash and left. Really ****ty situation. Learning experience though

Post up some better pics of those pistons! From what I can see they don't look melted. But you did say they were trashy pics, I'd like to see the melted part.

Sorry never got more pics been busy trying to get it all squared away. Got a pull may 18th. But ive been thingking and i might take him to small claims court. Any one ever do this before?

Sorry never got more pics been busy trying to get it all squared away. Got a pull may 18th. But ive been thingking and i might take him to small claims court. Any one ever do this before?

Man. You didn't hear it run. I'd let it go and build an engine.

I'm not made of money I can't just build a motor. I know I didn't hear it run. But he straight up lied. I'm sorry if a few thousand dollars doesn't mean much to you. But to me its everything.

Back